Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Lung Transplantation Speed Bumps on the Post-Transplant Journey

• Speed Bumps on the Post-Transplant Journey

Posted by Charlene Marshall on October 13, 2022 at 9:15 am

We talk about living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) on these forums a lot, and I am so grateful for the people willing to share their experiences, knowledge, and valuable insights on this difficult topic. As a co-moderator of these forums, I often hear feedback that patients learning from other patients on this site is deeply appreciated.

I also recognize that we have some amazing folks on this site who are post-transplant, and they have unique experiences to share with us as well. Admittedly, I was really reluctant to pursue the lung transplantation path and wrote about the harsh realities of facing a transplant. While it’s not an easy journey, it’s so helpful to hear from others who have been through it. As a result, I wanted to share a great piece by fellow columnist Sam Kirton: Speed Bumps Are Inevitable on the Post-Transplant Journey.

Have a read and let us know your thoughts… wishing you a speedy recovery Sam! Much love from your BioNews & forums family.

Samuel Kirton replied 1 year, 6 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Samuel Kirton

October 25, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Charlene. As an update, I am now 24 days post-discharge. The pneumonia is significantly diminished. I will now do a 12-day course of prednisone to put this speed bump behind me.