Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Hobbies & Projects Started my own wreath making business.

• Started my own wreath making business.

Posted by sandra-koenig on July 6, 2018 at 10:08 am

I was diagnosed back in 2015 after a Cat scan/lung biopsy showed IPF. I already had my own jewelry making business up to that point, so after the recovery of the lung biopsy I found myself sitting in my recliner all day long doing nothing but watching tv and sleeping. As I recovered I knew my mobility would be limited so I started to make wreaths. I spent many hours learning, watching tutorials, etc.  Soon, I was showing my friends and started selling to them. It gave me the motivation to get a website, FB page: https://m.facebook.com/WreathsbySLeeK/ and start interacting with people via making my own videos. Most of my customers do not know I am sick. A few do and I limit my videos as I know a coughing jag can come out of no where. This tiny business has saved me from depression and given me a new confidence that I can still be useful.  I also spend time relaxing by crocheting. It has been a godsend and I highly recommend a hobby that doesn’t exhaust you.

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Charlene Marshall

July 6, 2018 at 10:43 am

Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for contributing your experience(s) to this thread, I am really excited to see and hear about the hobbies and projects of others living with IPF. I was diagnosed in early 2016, and can certainly relate to the frustration that comes with just sitting and watching TV or sleeping. It sure leaves you feeling unproductive doesn’t it?

Your wreath business sounds amazing, and way to go with learning this tasks and engaging with people through making videos on your site. What an amazing story, and I am so glad this has become a source of joy for you, along with feeling productive and giving you a new sense of confidence. Thank you for sharing the link as well, I will definitely check it out and I am sure a few others will too. Would you be willing to upload a photo of a few of the wreaths you’ve made? As a fellow crafter, I’d love to see them!

I have some photos coming of my quiet hobbies and projects later this afternoon as well. Thanks again for sharing Sandra 🙂

Charlene.