• John

January 23, 2024 at 5:03 pm

I have researched stem cells/regenerative therapy extensively. Searched pub med and also doctors and clinics all over. I could not find a single doc or clinic that actually successfully treated IPF. That being said I came across a paper by Dr Cheng who is at U of NC at Raleigh. He actually reversed PF in rats by taking crumb size pieces of their lungs and culturing them in his lab and then used an IV and infused them into the mice. The results were like none other. He is working w a doc at UNC and they are have a research study using this procedure on 24 patients. I would be very curious if anyone finds anything about regenerative medicine and IPF. There is a regenerative medicine Facebook group and I’ve asked there and have not had any responses. I did contact some renown docs in the country that are well known for regenerative techniques and the only thing that I heard was that nebulizing exosomes MAY be helpful. I did run across one doc that wanted to come to my house and use cells ( I can’t remember which ones) but he seemed shady and wanted an inordinate amount of money and what he was doing wasn’t anything different then what the other docs said may help. I would of been happy to find one doc that had antidotal evidence as I would if pursued that therapy. I spend an inordinate number of hours searching this topic. One has to be careful out there.