Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ Bringing Some Clarity to Heart-Related Misconceptions

• Bringing Some Clarity to Heart-Related Misconceptions

Posted by Mark Koziol on June 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Many of our PF Forum members deal with a magnitude of health problems other than our fibrosis. The heart is the organ that causes us the most fear for many of us, aside from our fibrotic lungs. I recently read an article titled, “10 Heart Disease Myths You Shouldn’t Believe.” The article appeared in the Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials internet publication.

The article focuses on 10 cardiac conditions some people may have previously misconstrued to be true. Dr. A. Marc Gillinov, MD, is quoted throughout the article and offers tips for readers to improve their heart function and overall heart health. I find the article to be informative because it has clarified several misconceptions I have about improving my heart function.

I have been under the impression that stenting is safer than bypass surgery. Dr. Gillinov writes, “There’s no doubt that coronary artery bypass grafting is major surgery. But when it’s scheduled to prevent a heart attack and performed by an experienced surgeon, the operative risk is less than 1%.” There are 9 other misconceptions Dr. Gillinov brings clarity to.

Please read the article and comment on whether or not the article has brought you some clarity on heart-related matters.

Mark Koziol replied 3 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.