• denise anton

August 19, 2021 at 3:47 pm

@mimi925

Hi Mimi, You and me both!  I don’t have the comment side effect, but I have become quite proficient at retching! I find the 12 hr rule should be respected, and I do best having protein with the pill. (digests slower). The Ofev does work, so I think it’s good to find a way to tolerate it. Good luck to you.

• Christie Patient

August 19, 2021 at 9:27 pm

@mimi925 hey Mimi, someone else recently posted about systemic enzymes.. maybe you two should connect on the subject? I don’t think I’ve seen any other posts about it. Check the link for her post:

https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/systemic-enzymes-with-or-without-prescription-anti-fibrotics/

Systemic Enzymes, with or without prescription anti-fibrotics

• Mimi Daniels

August 21, 2021 at 5:07 pm

Thank you!

• Doug Jones

August 24, 2021 at 10:11 pm

In the US there are two drugs approved to treat, i.e. slow the progression of IPF–Ofev and Esbriet (pirfenidone).  Clinical outcomes suggest that neither is better than the other.  So if you are really have trouble with the side effects of Ofev, considering talking with your doctor about Esbriet.

I have been taking Esbriet over 6 yrs–since it was first approved in the US–and had minimal side effects.  Of course, everyone responds differently.  I do have to be careful in the sun (wear sunblock and long sleeve shirts & hat) as it increases photosensitivity.