Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Navigating Society Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness & Advocacy The Care ILD Patients Should Expect to Receive

• The Care ILD Patients Should Expect to Receive

Posted by mark-koziol on January 26, 2021 at 5:10 pm

As a pulmonary fibrosis patient, I rarely see studies on PF/IPF patients’ treatment protocol. I recently read an article that appeared in breathe; The respiratory professional’s source for continuing medical education. The report is titled, “Supportive care of patients with fibrosing interstitial lung disease: answering a great clinical need.” The article introduces a care model using a wraparound approach to treating interstitial lung disease (ILD) patients. The model has four components:

1.end-of-life care
    2. supportive measures
    3. symptom relief
    4. disease-modifying treatment.

“These approaches should be taken with close collaboration between patients, caregivers, and the healthcare team.” The study explains why quality care hasn’t been provided for patients and their caregivers. Unfortunately, I have heard from many members about receiving sub-standard care. Hopefully, with more studies creating awareness as this article does, excellent care will become the norm and not the exception.

Forum Members: How would you rate the care you have received from your medical team?

mark-koziol replied 3 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.