• The death of my fiance

Posted by Kathryn Bottaro on June 13, 2021 at 9:51 pm

My fiancé died on may 29th. He had pig and we were in the last stages of tests so he could get a lung transplant. After all he went through right before last test was to be done in a few days his oxygen level went down extremely low. I said “ let me call ambulance. But he said let’s just wait a little it might go up.  But finally I said I think we should call. When I let fireman in he was intesponsive I bed and I thought they would give him oxygen and he would be ok. But. He does they said of cardiac arrest.  What happened. He was a young 73. Even the drs could believe he was 73. No other health problems. I feel so guilty that I didn’t take him sooner and I’m blaming myself. Why why did this happen so quickly

Manzurul Khan replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Thomas Johnson

June 15, 2021 at 11:36 am

Can’t blame yourself, Kathryn.  It was HIS decision to make, and you already gave him your advice.  Sh#t happens…sometimes you are powerless to affect it.  Very sorry you lost him.

• gaston

June 15, 2021 at 2:53 pm

My sincere condolences dear Kathryn.
    Whether or not to continue fighting for earthly life is so intimate that sometimes the decision to continue or not can harm the loved ones.
    It should only comfort the company and help that was given to the loved one. I have had IPF for 10 years and it is a topic that I ponder frequently.
    A hug with love

• Manzurul Khan

June 15, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Kathryn,
    I am so sorry for your loss. As humans, we can only do much and feel powerless after that. Please do not blame yourself. There will be a time for all of us to bid farewell to Earth. I just hope it’s in my sleep and relatively pain free.
    God Bless.