• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Koziol
      Keymaster

When I was being evaluated for my lung transplant, I came across the path of many patients who were post lung transplantation. I loved to hear their stories. I felt that hearing a personal experience from an actual patient would be most beneficial for me. Many of the patients mentioned the loss of memory as a side effect from the surgery. I do know a partial reason for this is the medicine I take for rejection, which is called Tacrolimus. I previously wrote a forum topic on this subject.

I know loss of memory can be frustrating especially when I have my wife looking at me and telling me to use my words! Sometimes the words don’t come out the way they should. I tend to use words like thingy, that’s, and “whatchamacallit”. It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen. I am lucky my wife can recognize what I am talking about- at least most of the time.

I came across an article originating from my favourite referencing site: Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials. The article is titled, Why Improving Your Concentration Helps Your Memory. The article provides 12 tips to facilitate the improvement of your memory. Dr. Bonner-Jackson states, “for the majority of people, it’s not a memory problem per se, but it’s more of a concentration or organizational problem where they’re not getting the information initially or they’re not processing it correctly in the first place.” I like the tips mentioned in the article because they are concrete and attainable.

I am interested to know if any members have had memory or concentration issues and how are you dealing with this issue?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account