Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts Ultimate Pulmonary Wellness (by Dr Noah Greenspan): Episode #10 – This Too Shall Pass!

• Ultimate Pulmonary Wellness (by Dr Noah Greenspan): Episode #10 – This Too Shall Pass!

Posted by pulmonary-fibrosis-news-moderator on November 5, 2019 at 7:57 am

This too shall pass! Dr. Noah Greenspan talks about the dangers of black and white, all or none thinking, letting go, focusing on the things that you CAN do, and embracing the here and now because for better or worse, this too shall pass.

Listen to this podcast episode here and share your thoughts in the comment section below!

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • keith-nelson

November 5, 2019 at 11:42 pm

I love Dr. Greenspan. He is a very inspirational professional – living near his facility would be great. However…

In listening to the podcast he is enlightening on the problems with all or nothing thinking. The solution “just breath” is problematic to me. If I quiet my world, focus on my breathing, my mind immediately focuses on my breathing, what my lungs are no longer as capable of doing as they once were. I can sense it with every quieted breath. My mind turns to focus on what I don’t have. Perhaps not “all or nothing” in that sense but not a settling process. I really have no problem relaxing. I have no problem accepting the condition I have. My lungs will never be what they once were. Fortunately at my last check-up a few months ago, they are not deteriorating. However I am new to this, first diagnosed on January 4. Only started the meds May 31. Thank you Dr. Greenspan for the insight to focus on what we have, rather on what we no longer have.

• Charlene Marshall

November 7, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Hi Keith,

Thanks so much for the feedback on this last post from Dr. Greenspan! Glad you’re finding his approach beneficial 🙂

Cheers,
    Charlene.