Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Weather-Related PF Symptoms

• Susan Howitt

January 5, 2020 at 9:52 am

Hi Charlene

Hope you are continuing to recover.  The nasty virus tried to get me over the last couple of days,  had the start of it, sore throat, hot and cold shivers, achy limbs, headache etc but doubled my dose of steroids and religiously took the Echinacea drops and today I feel fine,  every one else that has had it has been in bed, gee I am healthier than I thought lol.  so steroids, Echinacea, don’t care which one helped, maybe a combination but I am grateful that something helped.

I really do hope the drops can help you.

• Nan

January 5, 2020 at 1:40 pm

I should have taken that advice too, my “feeling like I am coming down with something” did eventually turn into a full blown cold. So far, with the help of tylenol cold I am doing ok. I hoe you guys return to better health very soon. <i am just resting and watching team Canada in the world juniors gold medal hockey game. I feel fine as long as I am at rest. Get the rest you need, that is very important.

Mal, so glad you are in a safe place, where you can breathe now. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care and keep us posted.

• Charlene Marshall

January 6, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Thanks so much Susan! I hope they will help as I continue to battle “cold-like” symptoms, though I’ll take them over the infections I’ve had over the last few weeks. It’s been tough. I’ll let you know how I make out with them. Hope you feel better too! 🙂

• Susan Howitt

January 7, 2020 at 2:31 am

Best of luck Charlene hope your symptoms don’t get worse, mine did a bit though not as bad as they could have been, terrible cough has stopped me sleeping the last couple of days, can’t lie down, checked with doctor, nothing in my lungs, so that is good, she gave me antibiotics to hopefully catch any secondary infections even though what I have is a virus.

Unfortunately I have to go out today in the damp and fog to do a bank transfer to my daughter in Wales, her car has been wrecked by a huge hole opening up in the ground, she has found a bargain with not many miles from a reputable garage (where she bought her last one) so present from Mum !!!!

• Charlene Marshall

January 6, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Hope you feel better soon Nan!
    Quite the game yesterday wasn’t it? Proud of our Canadian players!
    Take care, Char.

• jaime L manriquez

January 7, 2020 at 10:49 am

@reglois

hello Susan,  about your cough and sleepless nites, I suffered the same, time ago, now I take a Dr, prescirption…FLEMEX with codeine syrup at bedtime (a tablespoon) , I sleep well through the nite, hope it work for you, best regards

Jaime

Page 3 of 3