Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Marta Ribeiro
      Keymaster
      Jerry Barnum is 70 years old and lives in Minnesota. In 2017, he was diagnosed with interstitial pulmonary fibrosis with autoimmune features.

As someone with a terminal illness, he knows about grief. Anger at times, sadness too. Yet after reading a testimony from another patient explaining her path to acceptance, he found a way to to relish life, and find acceptance.

Now, he won’t allow this disease to steal any of life’s simple pleasures.
      How does this story make you feel? How do you manage these complicated emotions?

Jerry’s full story is on our Instagram! Go check it out and do give us a follow so you don’t miss out on any #30DaysofPF stories. We are so happy you are here with us!

Zach Adman
      Participant

I was diagnosed with IPF five years ago.  For the most part I skipped the anger and depression part by going straight into denial. It probably took a couple of years as the symptoms got worse to accept that what I had was real and that it would not likely end well.  I then moved to the stage I believe you are in. Be thankful for every day.  Make the most of every day and although we may have a better idea than most about how their life will end, truly nobody knows. That said we can be hopeful that some new pill or treatment is found in time to be a major “game changer” for those of us with the disease.

Couldn’t agree with you more Zach – well said! Thanks for reading the stories in our 30 day initiative 🙂
        Take care and stay well… your attitude will help.
        Charlene.

John Hamilton
          Participant

Thank you Zach for your wonderful words of wisdom. Sometimes it’s hard to enjoy everyday, however after reading this, I will from now on. God Bless.

Jerry
      Participant

I totally agree with Mr. Barnum .   As a person that has IPF since 2016  and  I see my condition getting worse with each passing month.  In my opinion , Real lasting peace only comes from faith in Christ.  This life is filled with troubles in one form or another and we all know  IPF only adds more stress, pain and heartache. I pray for all those who have this terrible disease,  I pray that they will find a loving  kind heart, peace and joy.  Mostly I pray they will find a person relationship with Christ and thereby  real peace with the knowledge that this life  is not the end.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account