This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Koziol 2 months ago.

• Author

Director of Multichannel Content for Pulmonary Fibrosis News, Michael Morale, discusses a grant that will help researchers study mining dusts’ role in lung fibrosis.

Are you interested in learning more about Pulmonary Fibrosis? If so, please visit pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/

What are your thoughts on this news?

Martin Denny 
    Participant

I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis about 18 months ago and wondered why I got this disease.  Looking back on my life I can see a number of factors that would have driven my body into this situation.  First pneumonia when young, a smoker until 30 – both obvious factors, but I also spent much of my life living in inland Australia and experiencing constant dust and sand storms, another factor.  But the one that I have recently recalled was a period when I worked on coal mines, not under ground, but on the surface of active mines where I would be surrounded by haul trucks throwing up thick clouds of coal dust.  In my case it seems to be four strikes and your out – pneumonia, smoking, dust and sand storms and finally coal dust.

Mark Koziol 
      Keymaster

Hello Martin, it is highly possible your 4 strikes did contribute to your fibrosis. Do you have ipf or PF? With PF they sometimes can narrow down the cause. Hopefully one day there is a cure. Take care, Mark.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account