• Posted by Baja12 on February 22, 2024 at 10:07 pm

I have had p f for 8 years, consistently worsening. Until I began treatment with an expert in Chinese medicine and acupuncture.

The results hay been amazing

My breathing has been greatly improving. The pulmonary function tests at U of Washington for the first time showed an improvement, amazing the doctors

The clinic is located in Poulsbo Wa , just west of Seattle and although an office visit is preferable, he handles many patients with phone consultations .

I highly suggest checking his credentials on line

Bob Doane acupuncture and wellness (360) 499-3523

Although there are no guarantees , I can assure you, this man has saved my life

Barb Eisele replied 2 weeks, 3 days ago 11 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Tor

February 27, 2024 at 7:16 pm

I have had IPF for 5 years and I also take Chinese medicine consisting of acupuncture and an herbal tea with the following ingredients: Gan Can, Wu Wei Zi, Dang Shen, and Huang Qi. Acupuncture gives me more energy. I am unsure of the beneficial effects of the herbal tea. Please tell me what Chinese medicine you take. What does it consist of? Thank you.

• Tim_W_2161

February 27, 2024 at 9:22 pm

I would also be interested in hearing more about the chinese medicines you’re taking, any advice is welcomed.

Also, it would be interesting to hear if folks had experience with discussing this approach with their primary care doctor. My relative has IPF and I want to find the best treatments available (they’re already on OFEV and a clinical trial, and have been stable for a year plus). I know they’re hesitant to try new things like this and I think their primary care doctor hasn’t discouraged or encouraged it.

• Baja12

February 29, 2024 at 9:12 pm

Actually, I’ve been subscribed a mix of 30 different herbs, the mixture changes as I progress. It’s not a one time fix all Herb. Weston medicine has no connection to these Chinese medicines and will never recommend them or prescribe them ,they cannot.

I suggest you call Bob Doane And ask whatever you’d like. as I’ve said, my breathing continues to improve, and that’s all that matters. Also, they are absolutely no downsides here.

• Debbie k

March 3, 2024 at 8:07 pm

Hello

I’m also interested in this program. I’m in Illinois. Not sure how the acupuncture would work?

Also could you share a bit of your history ex (age, a bit of your health history)

I’m 73 yrs old and with other health issues.

Also some idea of cost would be wonderful. Retired and on a budget.

Thank you very much for your time!😊

• Baja12

March 11, 2024 at 5:37 pm

My data is no relevance CALL the office, make a phone consultation.

Ask Mr Doane. It won’t hurt. might save your life,

• mita vyas

March 12, 2024 at 4:17 pm

Good that you are feeling better.

How long are you taking this treatment? I have heard this could be a short term gain and may cause long term damage (liver etc).

• Ruth Angaran

March 12, 2024 at 2:15 pm

I am scheduled for acupuncture in a couple of weeks as a referral from a Restorative Therapist I have seeing for several months now. She raves about him!

• Barb Eisele

March 12, 2024 at 2:33 pm

This is my husband’s experience and may not be right for others. I am not a Chinese medicine expert nor a medical doctor. This is just his/our experience. My husband was diagnosed with IPF in the fall of 2022. There were no medications recommended at the time he was diagnosed and because he’s been stable there haven’t been any so far. He is currently 80, to turn 81 in 3 weeks and he’s very healthy. He rides his bike regularly, 15-20 miles 2-3x per week and eats healthy, since I’m the cook :-). I am a health nerd of sorts, believe in being proactive with lifestyle etc. and a former nurse. I began googling and as you all know there isn’t much help out there. However, I came across the Wei Institute website and found a practitioner here in Tucson. We met with her last August and John started on the herbal regime. While very expensive, he feels they are helping him. He says he thinks he has less wheezing and I can tell when he exhales long and hard he doesn’t per-herbs. He’s taking Soup A and Soup B along with Lung Balancer. He also took lung clarifier in the first round. If you go to their website you can find practitioners all over the country. All the best to all of you.

• Barb Eisele

March 12, 2024 at 6:32 pm

My apologies for the truncated sentence in my post.. Where I am talking about the improvements he’s seeing I wanted to say, “he isn’t coughing nearly as much”. The herbal formulas he’s taking, are Soup A ….

• Jeffrey Carver

April 1, 2024 at 3:57 pm

I have just had a phone consultation and will be working with Bob Doane to see if he can help turn around my PF. I’ll report back when there’s something to report. Thanks for the tip.

• Carl Stidsen

April 4, 2024 at 10:49 am

Acupuncture by phone ? Must be long needles …

• Norman Wendth

April 4, 2024 at 3:03 pm

I too have had good success with acupuncture. It doesn’t cure, of course, but it reduces symptoms wonderfully. Before I found acupuncture, I had to use a rescue inhaler several times every day. Now I go days without needing it.

I might add that I was a complete sceptic before trying it.

• harold cheatham

April 4, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Your husband rides a bike 15 to 20 miles several times a week at 80! Wow…I cannot walk 70 feet without being tired. One flight of stairs taken VERY slowly and oxygen level drops to 90. Sounds like he is in great shape.

• Barb Eisele

April 9, 2024 at 11:28 pm

Hi Herald, I’m so sorry your strength and breathing are so compromised. John, my husband, has been an avid cyclist for many years, riding half century and century rides over the past years. He’s very fortunate to be able to exercise this way. He was told from the beginning of his dx in 2022 that the best thing he could do was to strenuously exercise his lungs as much as possible so cycling is his preferred method of doing that. The Wei Institute herbs have made a BIG difference in his cough. We’ll see what his next pf test shows. All the best to you.