Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jaime L manriquez
      Participant

Hi Charlene, about that people coming from china, You are right , for us is too close for confort, Imagine what that virus will do to our already weak inmune system, I don t want to even think about it  …  best wishes

jaime

Debbie
      Participant

The media is making the coronavirus look so much worse than it is.

The WHO has not declared this as an epidemic.

Thousands die yearly of the regular flu every year.

Calm is needed.

Hi Jaime,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts re: this new virus. Yes, it is a bit scary for those of us with compromised immune systems. It sounds as though it is a pretty common virus (or type of virus anyway) but can be most dangerous to seniors and those who have other underlying conditions/weakened immune systems, which includes us. I sure hope they figure out how to contain it soon. I’m not wearing a mask obsessively, but I see people wearing them in the city I live. Here’s hoping it can be addressed soon and the spread stops: people have to be smart about this, and self-isolate and seek medical treatment if they suspect they are infected.

Thanks for writing.
      Charlene.

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I agree with you that the media has blown this a bit out of proportion, however I’ve also read from credible sites that the numbers of those infected in China is significantly under-reported. Many die from the flu you’re right, and of those, many are seniors or those of us with weakened immune systems which includes many of us living with IPF/PF. Important to be diligent and proactive for our health, but I agree no need to panic at this time. A good topic of discussion among patients though…

Char.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account