Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Cleaning Products for people with IPF

• Cleaning Products for people with IPF

Posted by Judy Harrison on April 18, 2024 at 2:42 pm

I am no longer able to run around in a frenzy keeping my house clean. I’m sure many of you can identify. LOL!

I have to divide cleaning projects into small chores and even then, have trouble staying motivated. Also, all of the cleaning products I used to use on a regular basis can no longer be used. The last time I tried, it took my breath away.

I was wondering if any of you have found lung friendly cleaning products to use. I found a few lung-safe cleaning recipes online today that I might try, but was just wondering is there are any “ready-made” products out there.

Thanks in advance if anyone has found solutions to the cleaning problem.

Kathryn Maguire replied 1 week, 1 day ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Charlene Marshall

April 21, 2024 at 11:05 am

Hi Judy,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic – it’s a good one! I think a lot of people can relate to the harsh chemical smells of cleaning products, I know I can. I also can no longer tolerate strong scents in general. There are a number of scent free cleaning products you can find online, not sure if this helps? Check the ingredients in them of course to ensure they will still kill bacteria, etc. but I find these super helpful, and I’m actually using a lot of the scent-free handsoap products too! Would be curious to hear if others’ have found something particularly beneficial for them.
    Charlene

• Kathryn Maguire

April 23, 2024 at 3:34 pm

Hi, I also cannot tolerate any cleansers. I have resorted to Vinegar and Water ; actually it works great also dawn dish liquid. Honestly though my husband does all heavy cleaning and I am in another room so it doesn’t bother me.