• christie

July 20, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Ben @6yearvet and Earl @earl have both discussed using TYVASO. Maybe they will have insights. It’s also been discussed here, though it’s relatively new and it’s out-of-pocket cost makes it restrictive at this time. I think there may be clinical trials ongoing, if you are interested in that 🙂

• joe-hick

July 21, 2021 at 7:57 am

Is there one med better than the other in regards to ofev and Esibriet?

• marianne

July 21, 2021 at 11:53 am

Joe  –

It is a personal choice.    Some people cannot tolerate some of the IPF meds.  After talking with my doctor, I decided to take OFEV over Esbriet.  My reasons for this were that some people who take Esbriet have to be extra careful when out in the sun.  I do not live in a sunny place (Ohio) but have family and friends in FL who I enjoy visiting.  That was put on hold because of  Covid.  Also OFEV is taken 2 times a day – AM and PM – 12 hours apart.  Esbriet is taken 3 times a day.  I am taking OFEV 150 mg and tolerate it with very few side effects.   So far it is working for me.  I have tried to get enrolled in a few clinical trials in which you can stack while using OFEV or Esbriet.  So far trials I have tried have already closed to new participants,  Found some recently which are in my area which I need to check out.  Hope this helps.

Marianne

• bruce-hawn

July 22, 2021 at 9:53 pm

I started off on Esbriet.  Had a real tough time with sun issues. OFEV, I have tolerated well. If you go the OFEV route, the closer you stick to 12 hours apart the better. Wish you the best.

• ben-robinson

July 28, 2021 at 11:35 am

Yes I am taking both. I have PH and PF.