Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      joe hick
      Participant

Can TYVASO be taken along with ofev?

Christie
      Participant

Ben @6yearvet and Earl @earl have both discussed using TYVASO. Maybe they will have insights. It’s also been discussed here, though it’s relatively new and it’s out-of-pocket cost makes it restrictive at this time. I think there may be clinical trials ongoing, if you are interested in that 🙂

joe hick
      Participant

Is there one med better than the other in regards to ofev and Esibriet?

Marianne
      Participant

Joe  –

It is a personal choice.    Some people cannot tolerate some of the IPF meds.  After talking with my doctor, I decided to take OFEV over Esbriet.  My reasons for this were that some people who take Esbriet have to be extra careful when out in the sun.  I do not live in a sunny place (Ohio) but have family and friends in FL who I enjoy visiting.  That was put on hold because of  Covid.  Also OFEV is taken 2 times a day – AM and PM – 12 hours apart.  Esbriet is taken 3 times a day.  I am taking OFEV 150 mg and tolerate it with very few side effects.   So far it is working for me.  I have tried to get enrolled in a few clinical trials in which you can stack while using OFEV or Esbriet.  So far trials I have tried have already closed to new participants,  Found some recently which are in my area which I need to check out.  Hope this helps.

Marianne

Bruce Hawn
        Participant

I started off on Esbriet.  Had a real tough time with sun issues. OFEV, I have tolerated well. If you go the OFEV route, the closer you stick to 12 hours apart the better. Wish you the best.

Ben Robinson
      Participant

Yes I am taking both. I have PH and PF.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account