Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Do you suffer from fever often?

Tagged: 

• Do you suffer from fever often?

Posted by worrying_after_dad on February 15, 2024 at 1:13 pm

Hi! As in the title 😉 My dad started to have fever 2-3 times a week. At the beginning we thought he just caught a flu, but it is happening too often. It looks like it happens even with a small effort such shopping. If so, do you have any proven methods to avoid this?

<pre data-placeholder=”Tłumaczenie” data-ved=”2ahUKEwjJtoOfha6EAxWaRPEDHfFaBO8Q3ewLegQIDRAV”>I would be very thankful for your answers.

worrying_after_dad replied 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Adele Friedman

February 15, 2024 at 2:21 pm

I don’t have this. Is he checking his temp with a thermometer? (Not just assuming he has one because his forehead is warm or he feels warm with activity.) If he is running a fever, does he have other symptoms of illness? Might be good to talk to his doctor.

• worrying_after_dad

February 15, 2024 at 10:42 pm

Hi Adele, Yes we measure the temperature with a thermometer- shows around 38 -39Celsius. It is happening in the evenings every couple days. We do not think it is connected with any other illness as it is happening so randomly, then couple of days are ok… He his seeing a doctor today.

Thank you for your message.

• Margaret

February 17, 2024 at 1:53 am

I had low grade fevers along with SOB and severe dry cough when I was diagnosed with radiation induced PF from breast cancer treatment. The scarring pattern is different from IPF and imaging over time showed it spreading out from the radiation field. I take prednisone for the RIPF and no longer have a fever unless I’m ill with something else. Hopefully your dad’s doctor will have some answers.

• worrying_after_dad

March 21, 2024 at 1:52 pm

Hi Msherbert, Thank you for your answer. Turned out it was flu. He does not suffer from fevers anymore, of course nothing will not stop the PF, but I am happy he has no fevers anymore. I started to believe they are connected with PF and it will remain like this.