Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Essential Oils and Pulmonary Fibrosis.

• Andrei Turca

October 3, 2018 at 4:16 am

Hi there, I can see that you use essential oils mostly for sleeping and breathing. I have been testing them out myself and I am very happy with the results I get. I use them on a daily basis for work, during training and also for relaxation. I find the best usage is to mix them and create your own blend. I am personally very satisfied with their benefits. The lift me up from bed in the morning, they prepare me for my long working hours and they help relax and sleep very well.

Instead of making my own blends I am now using this set of 7 blends for various purposes shich provides everything I need in each bottle of oils.

My top 7 essential oils for better daily results

• Charlene Marshall

October 5, 2018 at 8:50 am

Hi Andrei,

Thanks so much for writing and for sharing your experience with essential oils! This is something I am interested in, although have to admit, haven’t been using them or exploring the uses of them as much as I’d like to be. Both my cousins are wellness advocates for DoTerra and they’ve found so many amazing health benefits to essential oil use, I just haven’t had the time to explore more than my uses of lavender for sleeping, and mint-based oils to help with my congestion. What have you been using the oils the most for, beside relaxation? I know relaxation is a big benefit of the oils. Do you put them in a diffuser? There are also some I love to add to water, such as cinnamon and orange to just make the water a bit more refreshing – only one drop in a huge bottle does it for me! The only caution I have with that is ensuring it is a 100% essential, therapeutic grade oil (ie. DoTerra or Young Living) and read on the label that it can be ingested.

Glad you’re finding it fun and beneficial to make your own blends too! I’ll check out the link you sent, thanks so much for sharing 🙂

Cheers,
      Charlene.

• Katie Bagshawe

October 8, 2018 at 9:02 am

Great post Charlene! I’ve had a fascination and an affinity for aromatherapy and essential oils ever since I was a kid so have always had a belief of how they can be utilised for symptom management. I’ve spoken at great length regarding lavender and if there was one oil to get, that would cover so many bases thanks to its healing/antiseptic/calming qualities. Eucalyptus is brill in steaming out congestion or easing cough symptoms and there are many good essential oils to encourage energy, some of which are handy as rollerballs and mixed to make the perfect blend. Some of my faves are below but I will say that I always have a lavender oil rollerball on hand to use on pulse points to help ease anxiety symptoms.

I hope these are available outside of the UK as they are brill > Tisserand Aromatherapy Rollerballs > https://www.tisserand.com/aromatherapy-roller-balls/

• Charlene Marshall

October 9, 2018 at 9:32 am

Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for getting back to me regarding this topic. I wasn’t sure how much I believed in essential oil use until my cousins started selling DoTerra oils, and I tried out a few for different issues. I really love them, and should even use them more often. I’ve used oils in a diffuser at night time, diluted some and added to lotions/creams, put the immune-boosting one on the bottom of my feet with socks and even substituted my perfume with the immune boosting DoTerra oil (OnGuard). I can’t stand really strong smells, and I don’t find that I struggle with the oil scents as much as I would a perfume spray and I even think that speaks volumes. Like you, I absolutely love lavendar (in my diffuser only, sometimes it is too strong for me but usually in a diffuser its nice) and Eucalyptus too! I love the rollerballs, usually this is what I use the most too 🙂

Hmm, I don’t recognize this company here in Canada but I’ll take a look at the different blends on their site for sure. Thanks for sharing. Are these the ones you primarily use?

Charlene.