Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Healthy Recipe Sharing Gluten-free diet and organic fruits and veggies

Tagged: 

• Gluten-free diet and organic fruits and veggies

Posted by Toni Evans on November 8, 2021 at 8:48 am

Has anyone been told to follow a gluten-free diet and eat organic?
    This is a real challenge looking for these foods and affording high costs.

Toni Evans replied 2 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Alan Jones

November 9, 2021 at 9:24 am

Yes , because of celiac disease.

• PFCareGiver

November 10, 2021 at 8:08 am

Eating clean helps with inflammation. Just do what you can to stay off processed foods. Look up anti-inflammatory food list.

• Christie Patient

November 9, 2021 at 8:08 pm

I have dabbled with GF on and off for years for allergy reasons. The best way that I’ve found (especially for organic) is to make use of a CSA box if you have one locally. Lots of fresh, in-season fruits and veggies from your region at a price that, at least in my case, is better than the store and more sustainable. The hard part for me with going GF was just cutting out bread because I am a die-hard toast for breakfast kind of person. Gluten-free breads are not that good IMO, but they are out there both in stores and abundant recipes online. Lots of restaurants do GF options, too.. even like, Jimmy  Johns has an “unwich” which is basically a lettuce wrap sub that is actually super tasty.

• Elle

November 10, 2021 at 10:25 am

Hello how are you well I have been a vegetarian for the last five years and I can’t tell you how much lighter my stomach feels and how my energy is a lot better. But when I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis I have lost my energy, and I have no appetite. Yes, I know organic food is very expensive. But really don’t spend that much on my vegetarian diet. I do make butternut squash and that is what, I have been eating a lot of lately, since my Gerd is getting worse. The food just gets stuck and when it goes down it kills me. Try looking up recipes you would be surprised at how many delicious recipes you can find. I am here to help you, if you need it okay.
    My name is Elle (L) by the way. Nice to meet you.

• Toni Evans

November 12, 2021 at 6:10 am

Thanks to evrtyonr for your input on gluten free and organic diets. Toni