Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Has anyone tried the INOGEN TAV(tidal assist ventilator?

• Has anyone tried the INOGEN TAV(tidal assist ventilator?

Posted by Don on April 12, 2022 at 5:40 pm

I saw a comment about this recently and called inogen.  They weren’t very specific about how it works and who it would be the most beneficial to.  I have had IPF for about 6 years now and am currently on oxy 24/7.  My current levels are 10 LPM with activity and 5 to 6 sitting in my recliner.  I can’t get out and walk at all anymore but sure would like to take some short walks around the neighborhood and even do a little yard work.  It’s getting worse fast now as I look back every couple of months and realize thatwhat I could do then I can no longer do.

I am 79 years old and have had a very good life and a wonderful wife to share it with.  But I’m not quite ready to give up yet.

Susan o replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Susan o

November 16, 2022 at 1:57 pm

Does anyone have the portable inogen oxygen. I was hoping someone from inogen could come to house and show me choices etc but apparently you have to buy it and if u don’t like u can return within 30 days.
    If u use inogen please let me know if you travel with it etc. I am on 3 liters right now.
    Many thanks.