Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis (a variant of ILD similar to IPF but less severe)

• Charlene Marshall

February 16, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Hi @sunderraman

Welcome to the PF forums, I’m glad you’ve found us and hope you find this platform helpful. There are a few people on the forums with HP and I’m sure they’d be happy to connect with you. If you go to the main forum page ( https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/ ) and then in the “Search Forums” text box on the right hand side, if you type in “hypersensitivity pneumonitis” you’ll be able to see previous discussions about HP, along with some members who’ve shared they have it. Hope this helps 🙂
    Charlene.

Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums

• Wendy Dirks

February 17, 2021 at 7:31 am

Dear Sunder,

I also have chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis. I wouldn’t say it’s less severe than IPF, rather that the progression is slower. Many of the symptoms and medications are very similar and I’ve found lots of good advice here from people with IPF. I was diagnosed about two years ago but it had been clear for the several years prior to the diagnosis that something was very wrong. I’m currently using liquid oxygen during the day at 4 lpm, and taking MMF (CellCept). I’m in NE England and over the period of our first lockdown, my lung function declined very rapidly but once I started on MMF, it stabilised and one measure even improved a bit. I was overjoyed to hear that because I really felt like I wasn’t going to make it to my 70th birthday (I’m 68). Now I feel like I’m living with a chronic debilitating illness – but living with it. My consultant told me that it was due to the MMF working (it takes several months before you feel the benefits), getting the right amount of oxygen supplementation (that one took a long time and much fiddling!) and the fact that I am doing as much exercise and being as active as possible. So that’s my story!

Best wishes,

Wendy

• Kristine Huber

March 17, 2023 at 10:22 am

Hello Sunder. I have just been diagnosed with fibrotic HP. I am wondering how you are doing. It has been 2 years since your post.