Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Lung Flush: Ever Tried It?

• Lung Flush: Ever Tried It?

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 1, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Yesterday I was at the grocery store picking up some vitamins in the health and pharmacy section of the store. I regularly take a vitamin C of 1000mg to try and strengthen and support my weakened immune system. As a result, I am in this section of the store often and am surprised this specific product didn’t catch my eye sooner than yesterday.

Have any of you ever heard of a product called Lung Flush?

If so, have you ever tried it and was it helpful for you? 

The specific brand that I saw was called Alpha Omega (picture above) but with a quick Google search I am learning that there are a few different brands of ‘lung flushes’ on the market.

While in the store I picked it up, had a read on the front of it and what the ingredients were on the back. It looks as though it is created based on Traditional Chinese Medicines, which have had a few credible studies released on how they can help patients with various lung diseases. However, I wasn’t entirely convinced for $20. I put it back on the shelf and decided I’d post here to see if anyone had tried it, and what your thoughts were on this product.

I may give it a try yet, I just didn’t purchase it yesterday. I can’t imagine it is harmful, although I’d love to hear from someone who has tried this or whether or not you’d be willing to give it a try if you came across it in your pharmacy.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Charlene Marshall replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • steve-dragoo

July 3, 2018 at 10:20 am

Following

• Charlene Marshall

July 3, 2018 at 11:57 am

Me too Steve, I am very curious if others have had success with this before. Hopefully someone can share 🙂

Charlene.

• sandra-koenig

July 3, 2018 at 11:41 am

Found this on Amazon. They have a lot of reviews:

LUNG FLUSH – 500ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CORLP8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7q7oBbFJVRWH9

• Charlene Marshall

July 3, 2018 at 11:58 am

Thanks Sandra, I’ll take a read through these! There are a lot of reviews on it online in general, although I’d love to connect with someone who has tried it. Worth a try I’m thinking, although not sure if I should before running it by my doctor in advance… would you be willing to try it?

Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

July 3, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Thanks Sandra – your post started me looking at other Amazon lung cleanse options and there are several. Some veggie caps and other mixtures.  I will be adding a few essential oils soon too and will try the veggie caps first and maybe an inhaler that looks useful on AZ… Steve

• Charlene Marshall

July 4, 2018 at 11:42 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply to Sandra, I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread to hear others’ thoughts on this or other products like this. I think I might ‘bite the bullet’ and try it. Since it is mostly traditional Chinese medicines in the drink, I can’t imagine it would be harmful for me to give it a try. Do you think you will try it?

I also use essential oils on a regular basis, but am very particular about which brands I use as many of them claim to be ‘therapeutic’ and actually are not, meaning they have chemicals added to them. The oils need to have the ‘certified pure’ or therapeutic grade certification on them to know it is pure oil. Just something to be mindful of 🙂

Chat with you soon,
      Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

July 4, 2018 at 11:56 am

Hi Charlene – I bought capsules with a slightly different formula (few dollars more) and an essential oil(s) nose inhaler.  Soon will buy a nebulizer and several pure oils and dilute with a top coconut carrier oil.  Some close to me gave some worthy advice to go on a strict juice regimen for 60 days.  I am working on the recipe and can share if you want later.  Basically it is carrots beets and dark leafy greens being the bulk. Drink 90 ounces per day. Hope your efforts are successful. – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

July 6, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me, as always – I am so interested in learning about what works for others’ when it comes to more natural IPF relief/remedies. The capsules you bought are the lung flush, just with a slightly different formula? Let me know when they arrive and how you like them as well. I’d be curious to know! I’ve never heard of a nose inhaler for the essential oils. You may want to dilute them as you say before putting them into your nose, as I know some pure essential oils can be problematic even when touched directly on the skin (ie. peppermint). You probably already know this lol, so sorry if you do! 🙂

As for the nebulizer, yes, I love mine and use it often! Especially the blend of peppermint and lavender when I am trying to sleep, I really enjoy that combination. Goodluck with yours, let me know which ones you enjoy the most in your diffuser/nebulizer.

I’d love if you could share the juice recipe with me when you have a moment. I am really into juicing since I got one for Christmas, and actually just bought a bunch of fresh fruit today to juice. I’d be willing to try the 60-day regimen, are you going to do it as well? Beet juice is actually one of my favourite things to drink, I find it very refreshing and filling. Please do share when you have a moment, thank you in advance!

Wishing you well and chat soon,
    Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

July 6, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Hi Charlene,

The veggie caps/inhaler arrived today.  Veggie caps link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016AV5IE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

The inhaler is the old type vicks nose inhaler. Inhaler link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TWTGP4U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 .

Wellness is our duty…

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

July 6, 2018 at 3:19 pm

Hi Steve,

Oh thanks for sharing the links – this is great, now I can flag them to order myself if you find them beneficial. Do you just take one of the veggie caps per day? Let me know when you start them and if you find any difference in using them vs. not, as I’d be curious before I purchased. I keep going to look at the Lung Flush every time I am at my grocery store, so I think I am feeling inclined to buy it. I’ll let you know if I do.

Ah yes, the neti inhaler is similar to one I have, which is a pink himalayan salt inhaler that I take into my lungs but not through my nose. Likely has a similar effect and I do use this on a regular basis, in addition to going to the salt spa here.

Goodluck, looking forward to hearing how you make out with the products!
    Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

July 6, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Charlene – I think each of us will have a different response to the herbs in the lung flush.  Took one today start 2 tomorrow and every day.  Like the inhaler – it is refreshing…

• Charlene Marshall

July 6, 2018 at 6:09 pm

I look forward to hearing how it goes after a few days if you care to share. I’ll do the same if I end up trying the Lung Flush! Cheers.

Charlene.