• Mohamed

September 6, 2022 at 10:01 am

Hi John. A very inelegant method that I use. It consists of the hollow cores of toilet rolls with the tubing going through one roll vertically placed and the tubing wound around another roll at right angle to the first.  and taped to the rolls.
    Drew a diagram to explain but cannot seem to post it. Hope it helps.

• John

September 6, 2022 at 2:16 pm

make a triple loop of tubing at the unit, making sure that the tube to the pump is held between the other two loops with piece of tape, velcro, etc. This allows flex without pinching it off, the loop giving more resistance to flexing.

• Robert Nagell

September 6, 2022 at 2:42 pm

We use a long rubber band and loop it around the tubing first, then around the body of the portable concentrator near the hose attachment to the outlet.  The tubing maintains its loop at the outlet, but heads downwards from there…

• Mike Bartlett

September 6, 2022 at 10:06 pm

This used to be a problem for me, however I now use  a swivel connector [available from Amazon as single or a pack of five]. This is able to be used in any part of the tubing – I have recently purchased some that fit directly onto the outlet of the concentrator/cylinder which is even better.

• Judy Fraser

September 8, 2022 at 3:43 pm

Mike, do you have an Amazon link for the new ones?

• Mike Bartlett

September 12, 2022 at 7:57 am

Hi Judy,

I obtained these through Amazon Australia site – but they came from the US site.

Hope this helps.
        Pack Westmed #0593 Swivel Oxygen Tubing Male/Female Connectors Brand: Westmed

• Craig Brennan

September 7, 2022 at 8:41 am

The solution I chose to fix the kinking problem with my hose is to run the hose beneath and up behind the machine and reconnect it to the mail and therefore when you pull on the holes it doesn’t stream that connection

• Roger Cummins

September 8, 2022 at 5:19 pm

I run the tubing straight down to the floor and then lift up the machine and just go loop it around the back of the swivel leg.  Never kinks not matter how hard I pull on it.  I also use a swivel in the oxygen hose at the cannula, which just makes it easier to straighten the hose.  About 10 turns counterclockwise of the swivel and the end of the day and it straightens out.

• john styles

September 13, 2022 at 9:12 am

After much searching other oxygen users I found the best solution for me was a quarter inch clear fuel tubing found in plumbing and taking a razor and slicing the tube to 6 inch length and slicing it open then putting the oxygen hose in the tube and  putting the 1/4 hose clamp and attaching to my oxygen unit, works great and no more issues.

• Randy

September 13, 2022 at 4:07 pm

Just a quickie. I got a flex able tube, about 2″ long and put it on the machine and then attach the tube to that. Works great. It can swing around and not get all kinked up and break. My oxygen supplier is Lyncare if anyone has them. Give them a shout and see if you get one too.