• Scott Robertson

June 18, 2023 at 1:20 pm

Hi Mal,

I have been looking into this also for my g5 and there are a few options out there.I wanted something that would hold the POC without the bulk or extra storage space that I wouldn’t use.I really just wanted something that would sit comfortably on my back allowing me freedom too exercise around my local parks.

Inogen themselves do one but seems to have too much bulk and extra space for carrying other things.

the company Etsy does G5 POC backpacks and seem too get good reviews

There is also a company called O2totes that also do a variety of packs for your model.

Apologies but for some reason I couldn’t copy in any links for you too click on.

Not sure where you are located, I am in Scotland.

I am likely going to take the plunge soon and buy a pack of some description as the over the shoulder supplied carrier just isn’t working for me.

You may already be aware of these companies, but if not hope this helps.

Take it easy

Scott

• Malcolm Mann

June 19, 2023 at 9:04 pm

G’day Scott

Yes that’s my point too, I only want a minimal backpack just to carry the concentrator, I’m in Australia and the only one I can find locally is the Inogen one.

There are some on Ebay from the US but most of those have storage.

Luckily I only need the POC for exertion ie walking, working in the garden and mowing, so a back pack will be better than the shoulder strap.

I’ll keep looking

cheers Mal

• Scott Robertson

June 19, 2023 at 11:33 pm

No worries,

I believe Etsy is an e commerce setup so will ship wherever worldwide and O2 totes is based in the USA so maybe still worth a look if you can’t find anything on eBay.

Currently sweltering in Scotland, not used to three weeks of 21c temps!….I had too look out T-shirts Lol.

Cheers

keep us posted on the search

Scott

• Adele Friedman

June 20, 2023 at 2:40 pm

Inogen has one and I actually received two when I bought my G5.

• Marilyn Cellucci

June 20, 2023 at 2:51 pm

Hi Malcolm,

I bought one from O2totes from Amazon, lavender color. It is perfect, none of all of the extra compartments, etc.

Have a good day.
    Kindly,
    Marilyn Cellucci

• Rudy Heintzelman

June 20, 2023 at 2:58 pm

When I purchased my G-5, it came with a shoulder case.  It was strictly for the unit itself.  I also purchased the backpack and agree it is a bit bulky.  However, when I travel, it is quite handy in that I can carry an extra battery, my laptop, charging cords, etc.  Works great on airplanes.  It does get a bit heavy when you have all the “stuff” in it. So on day trips, I try and lighten it up and take only what I need for the day.

• Scott Robertson

June 20, 2023 at 3:49 pm

The ones from O2 totes look good and well thought out, that is the make I have my eye on and as you have said they are available on Amazon and seem to get great reviews.

In Scotland the machine is provided for you if you are medically reviewed as needing it, but they are only supplied with the over the shoulder case which I find is a very uncomfortable and awkward solution.

Take it easy everyone and stay healthy

Scott

• Jeffrey Carver

June 20, 2023 at 5:15 pm

I bought the O2Totes backpack on Etsy. I returned the first one as too small and got the sage-colored one that has a little bit of storage space–basically enough to carry the charger if you need it and the 12V charging cable. That definitely comes in handy,

The biggest problem with these packs is that most of them are made for small-framed people. I wear a size large shirt, and I found the first few backpacks I tried to be too tight–arm straps too narrow and too short for comfort. I felt like I was wearing a kid’s backpack. The sage O2Totes (sorry, I don’t have a link at hand) is a little larger and just qualifies as acceptable for size.

By comparison, when I’m carrying a small tank, I just put it in an old general-purpose backpack that’s oversized for the job. It’s way more comfortable, though.

• Peter Franks

June 21, 2023 at 8:45 am

this one on amazon works pretty well

btw —- i use it with the pack on the front—- easier to control it

• Ed Giovanella

June 28, 2023 at 12:59 pm

The Inogen G5 is also marketed as the OxyGo Next.  It is the identical unit.

If you search for OxyGo Next, you will find a “slim backpack”.

Here’s a couple of links…

OxyGo NEXT Slim Backpack  – HelpMedicalSupplies

OxyGo NEXT Slim Backpack – CPAP Machines Canada

I have not tried it myself but I met someone a few years ago that played golf with it on.