Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Possible target found for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment

• Possible target found for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment

Posted by dave-sabatelli on April 23, 2020 at 9:26 pm

I received the link to this article from one of my FB IPF groups. This is the first article I have seen that says this can “reverse idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis”. I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are?

A new study has shown that blocking a protein called interleukin-11 (IL-11) using therapeutic antibodies can reverse idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a type of lung disease that results in scarring of the lungs, also known as fibrosis. In this study, researchers from MRC LMS in collaboration with Duke-NUS Medical School, National Heart Centre Singapore and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London investigated whether therapeutic antibodies could reverse the process of lung fibrosis, as IL-11 was found to be crucial to the progression of IPF.

Link to the full article: https://www.drugtargetreview.com/news/49940/target-idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis-treatment/ 

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Charlene Marshall

April 23, 2020 at 10:01 pm

@alberto

Hi Dave,

I’ve not read this article, but will spend some time with it over the weekend and gather my thoughts. I wonder if our science writers at BioNews have read it, and thus could interpret the results or summarize it for those interested. Would you like me to pass it onto them and see what they come up with? Let me know 🙂

If anyone else has read this and/or has insights on it, please do feel free to connect with us.
    Charlene.