Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ The Importance of Self-Care for Patients with PF

• The Importance of Self-Care for Patients with PF

Posted by Charlene Marshall on February 12, 2020 at 9:47 pm

I have had an overwhelming few weeks, and was recently reminded about the importance of self-care following an emotional couple of days. As some of you know, I am working hard to recover from a significant setback / exacerbation that worsened the condition of my lungs. I want to scream that “I just don’t have time for this!” because there is so much I’d rather be doing instead of focusing on my recovery. This is especially true with international Rare Disease Day coming up and all the initiatives I want to create to help others better understand idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) as a “rare” disease.

Alas, none of us can outrun out body’s needs and self-care is important for all of us to remember! We try hard to care for our body and lungs as patients living with IPF, but remembering the other aspects of ourselves, including our emotional and mental needs is equally important. My late co-columnist, the beautiful Kim Frederickson wrote a column that particularly resonated with me today as I am facing many medical tests throughout this recovery. She wrote a column called Practicing Self-Care Is Crucial During Medical Testing, unsurprisingly … Kim was right! Over the next several days I am going to come up with a list of my top three ways to practice self-care and start implementing them. Both my mind and body need this right now…

What are your top three ideas for self-care?

How do you practice self-care, and how often?

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.