• Trial Finding Website.

Posted by Charlene Marshall on February 13, 2018 at 3:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share the link to an amazing resource that the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation has created. They have just recently launched a trial-finding website for patients to read and review different clinical trials taking place for the management and treatment of PF. What an amazing resource!

Please feel free to check it out here: https://trials.pulmonaryfibrosis.org

Thank you Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation for this amazing platform in helping patients find clinical trials that might be of interest to them.

Charlene

Charlene Marshall replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • marianne

May 25, 2019 at 4:57 am

Also check with your pulmonary doctor.  I was just diagnosed with IPF yesterday and will soon start on OFEV.  I asked my doctor about any clinical trials.  He told me that they are having a trial this summer of a new medicine to hopefully treat OFEV.  You do not need to go off your current IPF meds to participate.  Some will receive the drug and others with receive a placebo.  I told him I would be willing to participate.  I don’t have any other information about this trial but know it is available through The Ohio State University Wexner Medical – Lung Clinic in Columbus, Ohio.

Marianne

• Charlene Marshall

May 26, 2019 at 6:49 am

Wonderful reminder Marianne, thanks for sharing!
    Yes, this list is a national one where most clinical trials have to be submitted, but it is likely your pulmonologist is well-versed in local trials or ones that would be best suited for your care. Thanks for being willing to participate in one there, it only helps all of us in the long run 🙂

Best wishes,
    Charlene.

• john-l

June 16, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Some information I was told by a Clinical Educator for Ofev on Friday which was not easy to swallow is that…it takes “10” years for a new drug being researched for IPF to go from studying with mice to humans!    Anyone else have any info pertaining to this?  Anyone know of anything new that might be coming out to treat IPF in the next couple of years?  He couldn’t answer that?

• Charlene Marshall

June 16, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing – wow, I didn’t know it took 10 years to move a new drug through studying on mice to humans! A little disheartening, for sure, although I can’t imagine they’re all the same? Maybe, and I suspect the Clinical Educator would know what he/she is saying. I haven’t read information about that, but wonder if anyone has heard the same?I know there are some clinical trials in progress for iPF, although I don’t believe they are on any further/new anti-fibrotic drugs. Thanks again.

Charlene.