Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pulmonary Fibrosis News Senior Director of Multichannel Content, Michael Morale, discusses how a PF Foundation survey found that the vast majority of Americans are unfamiliar with PF symptoms.

Are you interested in learning more about Pulmonary Fibrosis? If so, please visit: pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com

What are your thoughts about this flash briefing? Let us know about it here.

Thom
      Participant

If i had to guess, I’d say the vast majority of the population worldwide knows little about the disease.  Its important to keep it out front.

Thom

Thom
      Participant

Post Script.

Years before i was diagnosed my GP wondered aloud why I was always short of breath.  He even sent me for CT scan and ultra sound.  No one said a word

Hi @thom ,

I completely agree with you, though it is so unfortunate how many people are unfamiliar with IPF despite its deaths being comparable to breast cancer every year. It breaks my heart when patients endure difficult conversations with their physicians who have also never heard of IPF. It just seems like an added level of cruelty if I am honest…

You’re right: we need to keep this at the forefront of many conversations! Hope you continue to do as well as possible. I am just home from California, spending time with friends and advocating for IPF awareness. I am eager to see some of the content that was produced from that, all in an effort to help others better understand the struggles of an IPF patient.

Take care,
      Char.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account