What You Enjoy…
Nowadays I try in times or turmoil and upset to think of things I enjoy to better cope with the general negative aspects of life. That way I try to remember that life isn’t all work, nor is it defined by health and illness, and instead try to focus on the little things that keep me happy. With that in mind I have a task for you all, think of five things that make you happy. They can be the big or small, little or large, just as long as they keep you happy. Here are mine and I’ll do my best to act these out or relive them regularly as a way of encouraging self-comfort, I’d love to read yours as a source of inspiration in expanding my bucket of happiness.
1. Spending time in the garden. On a lovely day I enjoy doing a little bit of gardening or spending time reading a book. My Mum recently treated herself to a new greenhouse that I love to spend time in no matter the weather, and simply listen to the birds and watch the world go by with a cup of tea.
2. Going for a run out. This was inspired by my Dad when we felt fed up of an evening, we would often jump in his van and he’d take us for a drive out round the local area, I’m lucky to live right on the edge of the Peak District National Park so it’s not far to get a spectacular view.
3. Little treats. Carrying on from the above we had a little tradition of going to McDonalds and getting a hot chocolate and an apple pie. I recently did this on the way home from work when feeling a little low and it worked wonders in improving my mood before I got home.
4. Writing. I’m desperately trying to get my love affair of writing back as all this grief business has made me feel very “what’s the point of it all?”. I’m equally trying to follow in Charlene’s books and do some more crafting hobbies and have a new affinity for jigsaw puzzles.
5. Swimming. I haven’t been for a while but I love the feeling of being in the water and the joy afterwards of having done exercise. I’m vowing this week to try and do it at least once a week to get fitter and have a new hobby to look forward to after work.
Share the little things you enjoy and I must steal a few ideas from you…
Log in to reply.