Tagged: 

• Doug

February 21, 2022 at 1:15 pm

I’m not sure whether your taking Esbriet or Ofev, but it really doesn’t matter as both encourage with food.  I started on Ofev but switched because of side effects.  I still have them but they are more tolerable.  In my case I just eat something before I take a pill.  I take one with breakfast and one with dinner.  On Esbriet you need a third so  I will have a light lunch when I take my pill.  I’ve have enough side effects so I’ve never tried taking either med without eating something.

• Christine McCann

February 21, 2022 at 2:30 pm

The only way I have been able to keep the nausea under control is to take the pills in my mouth with the food, taking them before or after doesn’t work as well, but with seems to do the trick. I take 3 pills 3 x day Esbriet.

• Rune Harboe

February 22, 2022 at 3:36 pm

I was diagnosed with IPF 6 years ago and have been taking Esbriet since. Before I take my 3 pills 3 times a day, I eat some protein, a slice of cheese, or slice of sandwich meat, and egg or ……. This seems to help me not getting an upset stomach or heartburn. Hope this may help.

Regards – Rune

• Gordon B Sandmire

February 22, 2022 at 8:53 pm

I find if I eat half my meal then take my Ofev and finish my meal I get less side effects. (Mostly diarrhea)

• don-moffett

August 19, 2023 at 10:21 am

Crackers and peanut butter with 9pm Covid , English muffin and vegan sausage with pill at breakfast.  Like other posts, eat 1/2 food take pill then other half.  Stay away from acidic foods.   I miss my Bloody Mary.

• Terri

August 22, 2023 at 2:53 pm

I take Ofev with a 30-gram protein shake (Ensure or Pure Protein) and a slice of white toast with butter for breakfast. At dinner, I usually get my protein from seafood or meat. I swallow the pill halfway through my meal. It works as I’ve had very few side effects other than the occasional nausea, and then I just eat a few crackers, and it goes away.