Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ Gearing up for the holiday season!

• Gearing up for the holiday season!

Posted by Charlene Marshall on November 20, 2023 at 9:00 am

If you’re new to the forums in the last year, welcome! We hope you’ve found this community beneficial on your journey with PF, whether you’re the patient, family member, caregiver, or part of the medical world. One thing we’ve found helpful over the years is to post tips and tricks on managing life with PF, especially during different times throughout the year. One of those times is rapidly approaching…. the holiday season!

Thanksgiving and Christmas can be wonderful times, but also times of stress, exhaustion, and anxiety for many of us living with this disease. Complicated by the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us still fear catching the virus as crowds of people gather and inevitably case counts increase. So how can you prepare for the holiday season while living with PF? Please check out some of the posts previously written by columnists and caregivers alike, about how to manage this exhausting time of year:

Preparing for the Holiday Season as a PF Patient 

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas: Oh, the holiday stress!

Self-Preservation Strategies for Navigating the Holidays Amid a Pandemic

What other tips would you give someone for managing the holiday season with PF?

Terri replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Terri

November 21, 2023 at 4:07 pm

I avoid people who aren’t vaccinated whenever I can. I turned down an invite to my aunt’s house for Thanksgiving because my cousin and his girlfriend are not vaccinated. They’ve both had COVID but still refuse to get vaccinated. Their choice, and my choice to avoid them. My health comes first.