• john styles

April 15, 2019 at 12:16 pm

I just got back from a laser treatment, my chiropractor did about 30 seconds over the acupuncture points after the laser treatment, he had to turn down the laser to 1 watt due to it is a class 4 laser.  Have to wait and see if there is more improvement.  Thanks Lorraine

• Lorraine

April 17, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Hi John @caneelbay1

After my laser treatment this morning, my chiropractor assistant — went over the acupuncture points, front and back. Going forward this will be part of my regular treatment. Also, she had printed out the lung acupuncture images, 4 a-c, from the study.

Wishing you the best.

Please keep in touch,

Lorraine

• Lorraine

April 15, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Glad to hear John and I hope you see more improvement! I will talk to my chiropractor about this on Wednesday. Best wishes, Lorraine

• Kiran

April 15, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Hi Charlene

Thank you for your response.

I have been following this thread for a while. Trying to gather information for brother in UK.

I am also hoping he considers Laser therapy.

Thank you

• Charlene Marshall

April 16, 2019 at 8:23 am

Hi Kiran,

That is great, I’m really glad to hear that the site has been helpful and informative for you. Feel free to reach out for more information at any time, folks are wonderful on the forum and always willing to help.

Regards,
      Charlene.

• Michael Lamkin

April 16, 2019 at 8:03 am
    • Charlene Marshall

April 16, 2019 at 8:12 am

Thank you for sharing this @michael-lamkin! I know others will appreciate having the link so readily available, so thank you for the time you took in sharing that with all of us.
      Warm regards,
      Charlene.

• David Swain

April 16, 2019 at 8:14 am

Hi Loraine. Thanks for posting the links for the Egyptian Study. I am now reading the 3rd one worked well. For the information of others, this is the link for the Egyptian Study, showing the lung acupressure points.

http://www.ejbronchology.eg.net/article.asp?issn=1687-8426;year=2018;volume=12;issue=3;spage=317;epage=322;aulast=Sayed

• Lorraine

April 19, 2019 at 5:42 pm

Hi David and Steve:

I just started taking Methyl Protect, 2 tablets with breakfast, 2 at dinner.

Also, my naturopathic cardiologist is also treating me and others for PF and wants me to go for IV Nutrient Therapy. I will TelMed with him next week to find out if he found a functional doctor nearby that takes insurance. I will also find out the contents of the cocktail. Number of treatments etc.

Have either of you tried IV Nutrient Therapy? Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Lorraine

• Kiran

April 19, 2019 at 12:07 am

Hi

Is there any one in uk, who has had Laser Therapy for IPF?

Thank you

Kiran

• Peter Goodwin

April 19, 2019 at 3:29 am

Hi Kiran I’m in Sheffield and use an osteopath with a K laser. I’m lucky, the nearest then is 40 miles away either in Nottingham or the North West. If you google K Laser providers UK it will show a map where they all are.

My 02 sats are up a couple %, my fatigue has lifted and my walking has just started becoming a tad easier. The real aim of course is to slow or stop progression, anything else is a bonus. I’ve had 2o sessions at £40 a time, I think chiropractors are a little cheaper.

Peter

• Steve Dragoo

April 19, 2019 at 6:30 pm

@lorraine

Hi Lorraine – I have not heard of those meds. Are they in any way related to WEI Institute? When I see a concoction of ingredients, I do what I can to research them to try and ensure they are all useful. Certainly interested in what you discover.  Please let us know.  –  Steve

• Lorraine

April 19, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Hi Steve:

You can get Methyl Protect tablets from Amazon. I did not hear about them from the WEI Institute, I heard about them from my naturopatic physician. Methyl Protect contains: Folate, Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2),Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin), Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Choline Bitartrate.

Methyl Protect supports:

~Cardiovascular and Neurological Health

~the Maintenance of Healthy Homocysteine Levels Already Within Normal Range

~Healthy Methylation of Estrogen, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Heavy Metals, and Environmental Toxins*

My Homocysteine Levels are at 15, my naturopatic cardiologist told me to take Methyl Protect to reduce my levels to 7. He says Homocysteine is a real indicator of a heart attack. Also, it would be helpful to PF.

And yes, I will let you know what I learn about the IV Nutrient Therapy and if I proceed with treatment, I will let you know what cocktail they give me.

Best wishes,

Lorraine

• Lorraine

April 19, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Hi Steve: I cut and paste the following for better accuracy.

“Methyl Protect is a comprehensive formula designed to support optimal methylation and help maintain healthy homocysteine levels already within normal range. It features five key nutrients that are involved in homocysteine metabolism: folate as calcium folinate and Quatrefolic† for increased bioactivity; trimethylglycine; and vitamins B12, B6, and B2. These five nutrients, provided in activated forms, support enhanced methylation and overall cardiovascular health.”

• A. Houghton

April 21, 2019 at 8:42 am

Hi Steve ( @steve-dragoo ) ..In my travels, I bookmarked and quickly glanced at the WEI Institute website.

Can you or anyone else shed some light on their protocol?

Thanks,

Catherine

• David Swain

April 19, 2019 at 12:43 am

Hi Kiran. I live in Exeter and have started laser with Dr Julien Barker, South Street Chiropractors, South Molton, Devon.

I’ve had 8 treatments so far.

• Steve Dragoo

April 19, 2019 at 7:46 pm

@lorraine

Hi – B complex is very good, it alone has added endurance to my day. When I do blood work that is one thing I have not seen on the tests but there are so many initials and acronyms I’m not sure what to look for on previous results. But I don’t eat much meat anyway.

Thanks for your info. I think almost all of us probably have heavy metals floating around.

Stay well,

Steve

• Kiran

April 19, 2019 at 2:23 am

Hi David

Thank you for your response. Would you by happy to give me an insight to some questions I have please?

I gather from your posts your Pulmonologist is ok for you to have laser treatment. Just wondered – Are you on one of two recommended treatment? Have you noticed any benefit from laser? – ( Sorry I am aware you will post after having 10 sessions -just  yes or no will do.)

Are you benefiting from taking Serrapeptase?

I really want my brother to consider laser therapy.

Thank you

Kiran

• David Swain

April 19, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Hi Kiran. I forgot to say that I’ve taken Serrapeptase for 15+ years to help with angina. I no longer suffer from angina and taking the serrapeptase may have slowed the progression of IPF, which due to a persistent cough, I suspect I’ve had for a long time, before it was diagnosed in March 2018. As I said before my cough has now reduced due to the Laser therapy. David

• Steve Dragoo

April 19, 2019 at 2:23 pm

@davidaswain

Hi David,

How much serrapeptase are you taking daily?  I started about 4 months ago and noticed fast results.  Regards your angina, serrapeptase is a good blood cleaner but I would also suggest looking at nattokinase for angina. I do take both and the natto reduced my heart rate in just a few days.  Adding the natto to the serra, a good B vitamin complex, and K-laser I almost feel 60 again…  Steve

• David Swain

April 19, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Hi Steve, @steve-Dragoo.

It’s good to hear from you again. I’m trying to take 360SU of serrapeptase per day, but this is difficult to remember to take it between meals. So, I guess I mostly take 240. I omitted to say that I’ve been taking Nattokinase as long as the Serra, as this was the combination, which I believe cured my angina. My heart rate is very low, usually 50 to 60, but somtimes dropping to 46. May I ask why you take the B complex?

I try and walk 10,000 steps/ 4 miles a day and/or go to the gym. However this is proving difficult at present, due to the time needed to travel for my laser.

Until recently I’ve had lots of energy and endurance, but this isn’t so good now. I particularly struggle when walking uphill, though many of my friends would not notice it, as I’ve always been faster than them. My O2 after walking 500 steps uphill can go as low as 75. I hope it will improve with the laser, though this hasn’t happened yet. David

• Steve Dragoo

April 19, 2019 at 4:28 pm

@davidaswain

Hi David,

I know we had a brief conversation a while ago so was wanting the dose so others can see.  I assume you mean 320000SU? Now I take 400000 SU daily in 2 separate doses and make sure I remember as it is more important than food.  Natto certainly helps the heart rate slow down quickly, some are concerned about bleeding but I have had several scratches and minor cuts with no problem stopping.

As we age B12 is harder to uptake and the B complex I take covers the spectrum including niacin.  B complex has definitely improved my endurance and so does working out at the gym.  It’s a struggle for me too but important. I am diabetic and overweight so those both affect my blood sugar.

I am not sure the laser will improve O2 however I usually see a couple of points higher O2 for a day or so after the laser.  As more a precaution the doctor put me on a CPAP with 2.5L of O2 at night and that may have a benefit for a few hours after I rise but so does the lemon/lime first thing.

So altogether B, D 3 and K2m7, astragalus, serra, natto, Omega 3, niacin, metformin, water, diet, hot lemon/lime juice (w water and a little real honey), exercise, and laser for lungs liver and kidneys. – Not in that order… – Steve

• leontis teryazos

April 20, 2019 at 7:19 am

Hi Steve,

I am wondering about Natto being able to help the heart rate slow. I have looked up Natto and no article says it does this. It can lower blood pressure but this is not the same thing as lowering heart rate.

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 11:18 am

@let666

Hi – Because nattokinase is anti-inflammatory and a bit of a blood thinner/cleanser (much safer than aspirin) it can lower heart rate.   It certainly has lowered mine. There are times when it can jump up like yesterday at the gym on the treadmill (very slow but incline) and after several other exercises first, it was 135 briefly.

Other meds may increase heart rate which I cannot speak to and many with IPF also acquire pulmonary hypertension and that too will increase heart rate.  I have PH but my resting heart rate is low 60’s high 50’s and I am 70 and overweight and diabetic. Before natto, I would rarely see HR in the high 60’s it was mostly in the 70’s and low 80’s. I do take other supplements/vitamins and who know if natto is synergistic with one or more of them. Hope that helps you… – Steve

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 11:31 am

@let666

I want to add I doubt it is synergistic as I take it separately by itself once per day and not a huge dose since it was new to me a few months ago. – Steve

• leontis teryazos

April 20, 2019 at 11:52 am

Steve,

Can you please let me know how much natto you are taking.

That is great that your HR rate is so low.

• leontis teryazos

April 20, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Steve,

What do you think of this combination product.

Dose is 1 pill daily Solaray, Nattokinase Serrapeptase, 30 Vegetarian Capsules
    1 Vegetarian Capsule, Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Nattokinase (Soy Bean Fibrinase) (Supplying 3000 FU [Fibrinolytic Units])150 mg*Serrapeptase (Supplying 60,000 Units [2000 U/mg])30 mg**Daily Value not established.

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 1:12 pm

@let666

Hi – Sorry I cannot read your last post.  I know these forums don’t do well with cut and paste many times.

I am taking 2000 FU (200 mg) daily of natto and 205000 SU of serra 2X daily.  I take them separate from each other and definitely separate from food or any other medication especially for several hours and slowly built up to the serra dose.  I have no plans to increase the natto for now as it is working well.  So HR and BP are both very good. I buy Doctor’s Best on Amazon and may switch – even though I have used Doctor’s Best products for decades.

So I just want to be clear that I take several supplements and do class 4 laser.  The laser improves my O2 readings for about 2 days or so and maybe it helps HR slightly too. However, each supplement/treatment added was added separately for a few weeks before doing anything else. This gives me a comfortable opinion of what helps and how. – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 20, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Hi @steve-dragoo,

Happy long weekend!
      I tried to edit @let666 (Leonits’) post as best I could by eliminating the spam/coding, not sure if it reveals the formula a bit better? Hope so, I wasn’t quite sure where to edit…

Charlene.

• leontis teryazos

April 20, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I whas wondering what you thought of the Solaray combination product of Natto 300 FU, 150 mg and Serra 2000 u/mg, 30 mg. This is taken once daily. Taking as combo seems like a good idea.

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 7:20 pm

@charlene-marshall

Hi Charlene – thanks Lorainne reposted and we worked it through.

Looking forward to Monday at the gym and laser. Rented furniture storage space and secured moving help. Laptop windows 10 crashed last Sunday but Dell did something different to windows 10 and it is running better. Had Carbonite clean out all old files and easily got back up and running because I backed up all data on an external hard drive.

So how you doin? Did you get caught up on all the responses you needed to do on PF News?

Now only 1,000,001 things left to do…

Happy weekend – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 21, 2019 at 8:50 am

@steve-dragoo,

Hello my friend!

Glad the responds went through once I release them from the ‘moderation required’ status. We’ve created a “whitelist” on the back-end of the forums, and every time I notice people’s comments being held for moderation, I add their user ID to the whitelist which then usually allows all their posts to go through. There may be an easier way of doing this, but for now it seems to be working. It’s a work in progress! 🙂

Glad you’re getting things organized for the move, kudos to you! Will you store your furniture and things until you return to the US? Do you plan on returning? You may have explained this to me already and I’ve forgotten, sorry if you have.

Ah bummer, that sucks about the laptop crash but really smart to back up all your data on an external hard drive. I should do this actually as I have one, but have never opened the external hard drive. Glad the clean out got everything back up and running easily.

I am doing well, still recovering from my trip last weekend though – I can’t believe how much it took out of me! It was all worth it, but I’d left so much house tidying, errands etc until this weekend so I am slowly getting caught up which feels nice. I am almost through email notifications – about 15 more to go! I hope to have that done this morning, and just poured a nice coffee to work through the rest. Thanks for asking and I hope you’re also doing well 🙂

Talk to you soon,
        Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 2:20 pm

@let666

Because they act differently but both go for dead protein, I take serra and natto about an hour to two hours apart.  When I started serra several months ago that dose was 120000 su daily, now 410000 su daily so I don’t know if that lower dose of serra will help.  Most I have seen take a minimum of 80000su daily. I am willing to take more because of IPF and have seen some info that says it is very safe up to and even higher than 1,000,000 su daily. I’m about halfway there.

• Steve Dragoo

April 21, 2019 at 10:53 am

@charlene-marshall

Hi Charlene – I knew you were/are busy so I tried not to bug you. Yes to storage and I can’t say when or if I/we will return to the USA but we want to but a lot of that depends on how it goes flying over there without O2.

They improved windows 10 this I can tell because so far no warning, no update issues, no reboot automatically. So I made a note on the calendar to remind me weekly Sunday evening to back up the hard drive but Carbonite will also go smoother as now they only have this set of data.  The external hard drive is a lot faster to restore but I would lose a week’s worth of data at the most that’s where carbonite comes in handy.

Lately, I am noticing a little more irritation when things don’t go smoothly and I shouldn’t because hardly anything has ever gone smoothly in my life – one big exception is every time I have flown halfway around the world it has been flawless – that’s amazing…

Continued wellness,

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 22, 2019 at 7:11 am

Hi Steve,

Nice to hear from you — it’s never a matter of you bugging me! I just may take longer to reply, that  is all 😉

Makes sense re: waiting to see how the flight goes without 02 before deciding whether or not to come back to the US. Will your wife come with you if that is the case?

Interesting you should say that about the irritation, I find I am a lot more irritable and impatient at times as well and usually it is over something small. I need to work on this, sorry to hear you’re starting to experience it too. Hopefully the flight goes as equally flawless this time around. Will be thinking of you!

Charlene.

• leontis teryazos

April 20, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Your original thought was to start taking things one at a time to see how you react to each one and that makes sense so will follow that plan. You take the Natto to reduce HR but cannot remember what you take Serra for. Can you please remind me so can decide which one to start first.

• Steve Dragoo

April 22, 2019 at 1:10 pm

@charlene-marshall

Hi There,

Yes, she will return as I am staying there at least until our papers are finished.  The irritability is unusual for me. Yes, I am impatient but it didn’t use to morph into irritation.

Because of Visa rules over there, she and I will travel to Kuala Lumpur for 5 days and visit all we can, after I have adjusted over there about 3 weeks or so. Going to visit Petronas Towers, small boat night ride into firefly heaven, a nightly symphony in the main park, mall visit, day city tour, local cuisine, and many others to decide about like Batu Budda Caves, Malacca Palace, Menar Towers and much more. When we return to the Philippines I get a special stamp on my passport that allows me to stay in the Philippines 1 year with no fees or strings attached.

Counting the days…

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 23, 2019 at 7:13 am

Hi Steve,

Oh that sounds lovely, I am so glad you’ll be back with your wife soon! Enjoy all of your travels together, I’m going to have to look some of those places up so I can visualize where you’ll be. I can only imagine that you’re counting down the days, how many left? 🙂

Take care,
        Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 5:26 pm

@let666

I know why I take the serra.  It has a good success record of reducing scar tissue (not proven for the lungs, however) but I started it to reduce lung mucus and it has worked overwhelmingly satisfactorily. It is, therefore, a blood cleaner to a certain extent too as it eats dead protein.

• leontis teryazos

April 21, 2019 at 6:20 am

Steve

I was about to order the Natto until came across an online article called Nattokinase Scam by Curereality. They warn about serious dangers so wondering what you think. Not sure if Currreality is a site with good reputation.

• Steve Dragoo

April 23, 2019 at 9:50 am

@charlene-marshall

I arrive in the Philippines 1 month from today.  ALso, they had a 6.1 earthquake not far from Manila yesterday.

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 23, 2019 at 10:46 am

Woah Steve, is everyone okay? I didn’t hear about that but sure hope everyone survived an earthquake of that magnitude! I bet you are counting down the days until you arrive, 1 month will hopefully go quickly 🙂
        Charlene.

• David Swain

April 20, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Hi Kiran ( @kiran ) ,  Of course I don’t mind you asking. I’m happy to help in any way possible. My pulmonologist seems happy with any alternative therapies. His attitude is that if it’s helpful then go for it.

At present I am not on either OLEF or Esbriet. My laser therapy is on the schedule which K laser sent to my chiropractor. I’m paying £25 per treatment by booing a number of treatments in advance. Normal rate is £28, which is very reasonable. The protocol is very similar to Dr Andy Hall’s protocol. I haven’t tried the laser Accupuncture yet.

The only noticeable change after 8 laser is less coughing. I’m not too sure about O2 levels yet, but it’s early days, so I will press on with the laser.

Hope this helps – David

• Steve Dragoo

April 21, 2019 at 7:33 am

@let666

I cannot attest to individual products sellers and looked for natto without K2 and all soy is gone but is still listed as an ingredient.  I use a low dose as mentioned and what I did was search on Amazon reading the reviews and questions, watched some videos, used WebMD and a couple of other doctor sites before I bought any.

Hope that helps you – Steve

• leontis teryazos

April 21, 2019 at 8:02 am

Steve,

If you Google Nattokinase Scam by Curereality and see all the responses and exchanges at end of article think there is a lot of interesting things there. The people responding who used Natto have positive things to say.

• Steve Dragoo

April 23, 2019 at 11:18 am

@charlene-marshall,

A store collapsed and there is a video of a large amount of penthouse swimming pool water splashing over the side of a high rise cascading to the ground.  Another showed a tower crane swaying at least 5 feet.  Many missing and plenty are dead.

3 boxes I shipped arrived just fine..

Steve

• Charlene Marshall

April 23, 2019 at 11:39 am

Oh my gosh, that is awful! I am going to look up that news now, how terrible for the people living there who are affected. Will sure be sending prayers their way, very sad.

• David Swain

April 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm

@steve-Dragoo, @lorraine

Hi Steve and Lorraine,

Thanks for your helpful posts. Yes, I meant to say that I am on 320,000SU serrapeptase. I have never found any problems with Nattokinase and bleeding. I’ll check out the B complex and Methyl Protect although my homosistein and heart are both normal.

The one think I may not have mentioned before that has really helped my energy levels is a therapy recomended by a health guru called “mitochondrial Rescue.” She suggested this after a heart rate variability test. This fest measures how the body uses energy. The supplements I’m taking are essentially Carnesine and CQ10. After starting them I found an instant improvement and no longer wanted to rest after lunch. There’s quite a lot of research about mitochondria and IPF. I’m including a link to my gurus web site and a more general research paper.

https://www.mitochondrialrescue.com/

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/87440

• Steve Dragoo

April 21, 2019 at 8:30 am

@let666

Hope your research helps you.  Let me know what you get.

I have completed my research for natto for now but get updates when viable.  Thanks for sharing… Steve

• Steve Dragoo

April 23, 2019 at 11:51 am

@charlene-marshall

Here’s a short vid compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTcRP9BgQg

Steve

• Lorraine

April 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm

@davidaswain:

I have been off the radar … thank you for your kind words, camaraderie and information-sharing.

I had an email exchange with your health guru. Currently they do not have participating doc near me, nor the testing capabilities locally. They are working on remote testing in the mean time they of course can prescribe supplements. I think I will hold off for now.

I met with a local holistic doc today and she is in contact with my naturopathic doc that I TelMed with. They will work on the protocol and IV Nutrient Treatment cocktail. I hope to be able to come up for air and begin those treatments and return to laser treatments in about a month. My naturopathic doctor also recommending manual lymphatic drainage massage.

Best wishes,

Lorraine

• Steve Dragoo

April 20, 2019 at 7:14 pm

@davidaswain

Hi David,

Yes there is a lot about mitro and ATP. Autophagy is another way for the body to repair and cleanse itself.  Been taking Q10 with ubiquinol a long time. Haven’t tried carnosine but heard about it. If you look at Dr. Ford brewer he has a lot to say what you mentioned.  Dr Axe  (google him) has a short article on autophagy and how to do it. Thanks for the links.  I’ll look.

• David Swain

April 21, 2019 at 7:18 pm

@let666, @steve-dragoo

Hi Leontis and Steve. I’ve been following your discussions on Natto and thought I would let you know that I’ve taken 1600fu per day for many years, with no ill effects. This, in combination with Serrapeptase has “”cured” my angina. BP and heart rate are both low.

Steve. I wish you all the best as you travel to the Philippines. I’ve done long haul without O2 and was fine. Have you found anyone in the Philippines who can give you laser?

Page 3 of 4