• Linda

December 5, 2023 at 2:34 pm

Yes, I am currently being seen at the mayo clinic in Phoenix and I have been under their care for the last five years. I had my lung biopsy done there which confirmed my diagnosis and I’ve had no progression and I’m very happy with the care I get there.

• Linda

December 5, 2023 at 2:37 pm

By the way, I was referred to the mayo clinic because my first pulmonologist, who diagnosed me did not agree with other doctors trying to determine the cause of my pf and what next steps should be taken.

• Ken Monroe

December 5, 2023 at 2:39 pm

I use Mayo in FL.

• Carol

December 5, 2023 at 2:46 pm

I am a patient at Mayo in Rochester MN. I had a couple surgeries done there – shoulder replacement and surgery on my elbow. I was seeing a different pulmonologist in another clinic but couldn’t get a response from him on questions I asked so since I was already seeing doctors at Mayo I had my rheumatologist refer me there. They are located on the opposite side of the state so it’s a bit of a drive but I find it is well worth it. I’ve seen this pulmonologist for almost a year now. So far I am satisfied!

Carol

• Debbie k

February 6, 2024 at 4:19 pm

Hi Carol

May I ask your age age what stage u r at?? I had considered it. But I don’t have a good support system to get me there. I’m not sure I have enough of energy at this point to get through the testing. I was all setup for the testing and changed my mind. Of course now I’m questioning my decision. I’m 73 and was rejected for transplant. My age and health history made me a bad candidate. So I’m very happy with my current pulmonologist. I think I’ve waited to long for changes to my treatments. Have been on two meds and had to be taken off. My side effects were so bad I was admitted twice almost didn’t make it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank u Debbie

• Amil

February 4, 2024 at 11:01 pm

I was diagnosed by my primary doctor locally, sent to a local pulmonologist who needs to be in a different profession. Thankfully I was able to get into Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL in May 2023. I had a very thorough exam by my pulmonologist there who, after many tests diagnosed me with NSIP. I am taking 10mg of Prednisone daily and 2000mg of Mycophenalate daily. I know that this pulmonologist saved my life. I thank God every day for Mayo.

• Ken Monroe

February 6, 2024 at 2:28 pm

I go to Mayo JAX also. Who’s your doc there?