Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums PF Communities PF Life: 50+ Natural Relief for Mucus in the Lungs?

• Charlene Marshall

June 13, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts on this topic! I’ve heard how good it is from a number of people, so I can’t wait to snack on all the fresh pineapple I can while on vacation in Hawaii in a few months. Hopefully it’ll help. The only drawback I’ve heard about this is the acid that is in pineapples, sometimes it can upset the stomach of those who struggle with GERD/acid reflux.

Hmmm, I can’t recall off the top of my head that anyone has posted about stomach bloating but hopefully someone sees your question and replies if it is something they’ve also experienced. I struggle sometimes with swelling of my legs and feet, which I attribute to medications or maybe some extra work my heart is doing but it isn’t in my belly. Nothing showed up in the ultrasound, like fluid or anything? Hopefully someone has some advice to share.

Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

June 13, 2019 at 8:16 pm

@kathleen-greco

Hi Kathleen,

I do love and enjoy fresh pineapple over here in the Philippines (recently).  Other fruits that help the lungs are apples and papaya.  No bloating here but I only consume regular servings.

Something that stopped my lung mucus cold is serrapeptase.  Highly recommend it but ask before you do it.  One side effect I never expected was serrapeptase cleared up most of my capillary varicose veins.

Steve

Page 2 of 2