Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge New Forum: Laser Therapy Results.

• Charlene Marshall

May 5, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Hi Ron ( @ronjohnson ),

Thanks so much for sharing these results so thoroughly and the experience of how you’re feeling as well. I know Dr. Hall will get in touch with you as soon as he is able to!

In the beginning of your post you mentioned supplements you’re taking for successful nausea control… may I ask what those are? I am always interested in learning more about this as I struggle quite a bit with nausea, and now dizziness too. Curious to hear when you have a moment 🙂

Thanks again for writing.
    Charlene.

• Ron Johnson

May 5, 2019 at 9:47 pm

@charlenemarshall,

Charlene,
    I started taking Essentialzymes 4 from Young Living when I was on Ofev 150 mg. It helped but not enough. I then moved to Ofev 100 mg which helped a lot more. I still had residual nausea at a very low level but still too much. My wife suggested Allerzyme which is another YL product. Both of these enzymes help the pancreas. My pulmonologist said as we age the pancreas looses some of its effectiveness. I also take a probiotic called Life 9, but was taking that all along. The constant nausea is very debilitating taking away energy. Hope this helps.

Ron

• Ron Johnson

May 5, 2019 at 9:49 pm

@charlenemarshall

Opps. Sorry, I did a copy /paste.

I did want to add that my nausea is now gone.

• Charlene Marshall

May 6, 2019 at 8:49 pm

Thanks so much for sharing Ron!
      My cousin is YL consultant, maybe I’ll speak with her about options and I know doTerra has some good options as well to help with nausea. Good ideas. Glad your nausea is gone, and no worries about copying/pasting; I corrected the formatting issue 🙂

Cheers,
      Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

May 6, 2019 at 3:24 am

@ronjohnson

Hi Ron,

A couple of things that have helped my energy a lot are D3 with K2m7 and a good B complex.  Let me know if you want more info. – Steve

• Ron Johnson

May 15, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Update to laser therapy results: @drandyhall

Here are the actual numbers from my last two PFTs, before and after laser therapy to give a more accurate view:

FVC           FEV1           DLCO

1/9/19             1.97           1.73              9.46

4/30/19         2.04          1.72              9.80

These numbers indicate some improvement, but generally stable. As I said earlier, I do feel better fro multiple reasons.

Best, Ron

• Andrew Hall DC

May 15, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Hi Ron,

Yes, stable is good……..   How often do you have a PFT?  These look to be about 4 months apart.  When will you have the next one?  So please to hear you are feeling better, no matter what the reasons!

Andy

• Steve Dragoo

May 16, 2019 at 4:04 am

@ronjohnson

Way to go Ron.  The next one will be better – I pray… – Steve

• Charlene Marshall

May 15, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Thank you for sharing these with us Ron! I am sure Andy ( @drandyhall ) will be glad you shared them as well 🙂
    Cheers,
    Charlene.

• Ron Johnson

May 16, 2019 at 5:22 pm

@drandyhall @steve-dragoo

Dr. Hall, PFTs are quarterly.

Steve, your prayers are much appreciated. God bless.

• Linda Williams

August 1, 2019 at 3:58 pm

For any or all of you: Does insurance pay for laser treatment and the different types of therapy you are receiving? You get laser at chiropractor office, correct?  Do you report ALL the supplements you take to a General Practitioner, pulmonologist, cardiologist, etc?  It seems to me they each wonder why I am on so many. Because of a high calcium level I have been taken off my regular multivit and calcium. I was on 4000 iu of D3 as ordered by previous GP for arthritic hand/finger problems. My new GP after I moved wanted me to go down to 1,000 iu so I tried it and finger problems got worse with bending & only way to get straightened is to take other hand and do so.   At that point I did not know D3 also good for IPF.  So I went back to taking 2000 iu and told her when I saw her again.  She said D3 helps calcium to absorb so that is why she wanted me off it.  I will tell her IPF patients often get a Vit D deficiency when I see her again.  Also I was wondering how each of you keep track of your O2 sats throughout the day? I have an oximeter but have been looking for a decent operating pedometer watch with O2 sat or even just a bracelet. Had one watch so far that I returned as always gave me 99% O2 when on oximeter I have never been over 96% and as low as 90%.  The pedometer at least doubled my steps if not more.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for any answers.  Linda Williams

• Andrew Hall DC

August 3, 2019 at 11:21 am

Hi Linda,

I can tell you that Medicare does not pay for laser.  Some private insurance companies do pay, but generally just a small portion, at least here in Calif.  The best thing to do is to have your doctor’s staff do some checking on it for you.

• Charlene Marshall

August 1, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Hi Linda,

Great questions! I am hoping @drandyhall may be able to help answer some of your questions here, or maybe @marshaharris? Both are experienced in using laser therapy and may be able to help better than I can regarding insurance covering it and the payment process as Canadian healthcare is very different. Hopefully they can help 🙂

Kind regards,
    Charlene.

• Linda Williams

August 1, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Charlene. I live in Ohio. Linda Williams

• Linda Williams

August 3, 2019 at 11:39 am

@drrandyhall, thank you for your information. I did not think Medicare would pay for laser tx’s. I guess my question is why not????? As for secondary private pay it has told me on other things that it only pays its 20% on items approved by Medicare. 
    Linda Williams

Page 2 of 2