Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Moffett
      Participant

I am scheduled to have Hernia surgery in two weeks.  I take OFEV twice a day, should I skip the night before?

Obviously I will skip the morning before surgery because I will not be able to eat,

Christie Patient

Hi Don, This is definitely something your pulmonologist and your surgeon should advise you on. They should consult with each other and let you know.

Derek Starkiss
      Participant

Hi Don

I’ve had 3 orthopaedic ops plus a stroke whilst taking OFEV and skipping a couple of days of OFEV should not hurt you,  in my experience. Checking with you doctor will give you peace of mind. Hope you op goes well.

Martin Denny
      Participant

Just recovering from spinal surgery and was instructed to drop all medications before the operation except for Ovid.
      Martin

Gary M
      Participant

I second Christie and Derek – this needs to be discussed with your docs. My wife is having aorta repair surgery in 1 week. Her docs are having her stop many meds, including OFEV, which she stopped taking three days ago.

Hope your surgery goes well!

Bill Mattila
      Participant

OFEV does cause bleeding ,so I stopped a number of times for procedures and too many side effects. Don’t fear a short stoppage.

Also see Doctor and and ask him or her.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot