• Steve Dragoo

June 6, 2023 at 10:26 pm

@caneelbay1, @kristina

Hi John and Kristina,

Almost 4 years from the first post I would love to know more about sodium pyruvate and its potential efficacy.  I see a report that indicates it can be a tissue irritant.  If you make your own nebulizer, what would you use, John?  Where will you buy the sodium pyruvate?

Stay well…
    Steve

• Linda

June 7, 2023 at 9:18 am

John – did you end up trying the  N115 nasal spray   I went on the company sight and found where to buy it

https://adisinsight.springer.com/drugs/800044206

linda

• Linda

June 7, 2023 at 9:18 am

It looks like N115 nasal spray may have been approved. I went on the company site- EMPHYCORP and maybe found where it can be purchased . Has anyone tried this?

• Polly sredzinski

June 8, 2023 at 9:26 am

I’m checking with some docs on availability. I’d hope they’d tell us about it if it was available right?

• Lee

June 7, 2023 at 9:20 am

Very interesting. Thank you John.
    Let me know if you find out more on purchasing it. You can purchase sodium pyruvate but what else is in the nasal spray, I wonder…
    Here’s the available product:
    https://www.profyskin.com/products/bcn-sodium-pyruvate-10-x-2ml

• Polly sredzinski

June 8, 2023 at 9:25 am

Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment (Patented Rx Technology)
      • Patented Rx Technology
      • In a Phase III Clinical Trial, in Patients with Pulmonary Fibrosis, there was a statistically and clinically significant improvement in all lung functions, compared to baseline, including an increase in FEV-1, Sa02, FVC, FEV-1/FVC ratios (from 52% to 86%) and a decrease in hypoxemia, along with a reduction in coughing and fatigue.
      • Non-Steroidal COPD/Pulmonary Fibrosis Nasal Spray that has shown to relieve clinical symptoms and improve lung functions, decrease coughing, and improve FEV-1, FVC, Sa02, and increase FEV-1/FVC ratios from 52% to 86% in all patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF).
      • Completed US Phase I, Phase II, Phase II Clinical Trials for COPD Pulmonary Fibrosis/Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD).
      • Submitted NDA to the FDA defining Medical Endpoints for the NDA Marketing Application.
      • Received US FDA Orphan Drug Designation in 2005 for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)

• Steve D.

June 7, 2023 at 9:20 am
  • Wijay

June 8, 2023 at 9:26 am

Not to discourage anyone, I just read the report and the big improvement from from 52% to 86% is for the ratio of FEV1 (Forced exhalation in 1 sec) over FVC (forced exhalation achievable).  FVC is the true measurement of IPF severity.  The ratio shows that FEV1 increased significantly but the improvement of FVC is not discussed.  Clearly it did not improve as much as FEV1, there is a chance it improved only marginally.  We need to get more details of the results

• Sam123

June 8, 2023 at 9:27 am

Any one started using this ? pls update

• Luis Pernia

June 8, 2023 at 9:59 am

Greetings to all. I am following your comments about this alternative for Pulmonary fibrosis, which has been generated since 2019, but to date after 4 years, no comments are seen if it is actually effective or not. Can someone inform if the treatment is effective?
    Thank you.

• David Bennett

June 8, 2023 at 3:37 pm

Since it has been 4 years and no drug available, I think it can be dismissed

• Steve Dragoo

June 8, 2023 at 10:07 pm

@caneelbay1

Hey John,

Did you ever try sodium pyruvate? If so PM the link – I can’t find it.  I emailed EmphyCorp about N 115 Nasal Spray and searched the web – there are no updates for it and that seems like a strange radio silence.

Stay well…
    Steve

• Paul D Boccocelli

June 8, 2023 at 10:46 pm

Just my opinion. I would stay away from this or any other magic “cure””. The article quoted is four, (4) years old. One would think by now, if the claims from July 2019 are accurate, the company would have applied for FDA review and/or approval, I’m not aware they have. You can search Google all day for “cures” for IPF, you will come across dozens of “proven” drugs, they all have a disclaimer either in the ad or on the bottle, “this drug has not been approved by the FDA to treat any disease” Again, just my opinion, but to me these miracle cures are no different than the weight loss formulas that promise to help your 65 year old self regain the body you had in your twenties, or the magic pill that will enable a 65 year old man to perform sexually at the level of his 18 year old self. We’re all adults here and please feel free to do as you please but as for me no thank you.

• Polly sredzinski

June 9, 2023 at 3:38 am

February of 2022 it was submitted to the FDA for approval process. I’m not sure how long that takes before it would come to market. Be well, breathe easy.

• Steve Dragoo

June 9, 2023 at 5:42 am

@phyllispolly

Hi Polly,

That’s good news. Where did you see this? Thanks.

Stay well…
        Steve

• Cheryl Witek

June 11, 2023 at 8:59 am

This is interesting and thanks for sharing.

I have been doing Himalayan salt room therapy at a salt spa. I also bought a cermaic inhaler for Himalayan salt.

I was told last visit that there was 14% improvement.  No proof it’s from what I’ve been doing but going to continue with the salt therapy and see what happens next vist.

I also take lung support supplements and am starting on black seed oil as well.

I figure I will do what I can to slow this disease down.

• Charlene Marshall

June 11, 2023 at 9:01 am

That is interesting Cheryl, thanks for sharing. When I was first diagnosed, I was exploring salt rooms and the use of Himalayan sea salt and tried it but didn’t find any noticeable differences. I should try again, no harm in this type of effort so if it helps its a bonus 🙂
      Take care,
      Char.

• John Baldino

June 12, 2023 at 8:51 am

I, too, take a handful of supplements every day. I’ll do whatever I can to improve my breathing.

• Sam123

June 13, 2023 at 3:25 pm

Anybody tried using Sodium Pyruvate ? If Yes  any improvement  in breathing / O2 levels ?

Please update.

Page 2 of 2