Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Choosing Gratitude This Thanksgiving

• Choosing Gratitude This Thanksgiving

Posted by Charlene Marshall on November 25, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Gratitude can sometimes be difficult to find when living with a life-threatening, progressive illness like idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). However, I firmly believe that there is always something to be thankful for (even amid a global pandemic).

In recognition of the American Thanksgiving this weekend, I wanted to spend some time writing about gratitude and being thankful. Even during hardships, it’s important to choose how we respond to what happens to us. One of my favourite quotes talks about this: “we cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them“. This holiday weekend my friends, I challenge you to make gratitude your response to things in your life! While 2020 has certainly been challenging, dig deep to find what you’re grateful for.

I am very thankful to all of you on this forum platform for your knowledge, commitment to helping one another and virtual friendships. Here are a few columns on gratitude for you to review if you’d like:

Why Gratitude Feels More Important Than Ever

Taking Time to Express Gratitude

Ideas for Finding Gratitude and Joy Despite Pulmonary Fibrosis

Embrace Gratitude as a Power Gift in Our Lives

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • MaryLou Ward

November 26, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Thank you Charlene for your wisdom.  I have gotten so much information from this site. It’s wonderful.  All the people writing to you have been an inspiration.

• Charlene Marshall

November 26, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words MaryLou! I’m thrilled to hear that the information available on this site has been helpful for you, thanks for letting us know. It’s a great community on here, and I’m so glad you’re part of it. Take good care, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,
    Charlene.