Pulmonary Fibrosis News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings & Podcasts Herbal Compound Rosavin May Help Reduce PF-Related Scarring And Inflammation

• Herbal Compound Rosavin May Help Reduce PF-Related Scarring And Inflammation

Posted by pulmonary-fibrosis-news-moderator on July 11, 2019 at 7:11 am

Director of Multichannel Content for Pulmonary Fibrosis News, Michael Morale, discusses a study that suggests that an herbal compound called Rosavin may help reduce PF-related scarring and inflammation.

What are your thoughts about this study and its findings?

steve-dragoo replied 4 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • lynn-schmitt

July 11, 2019 at 2:00 pm

This sounds promising. I have HP, and I have scarring.

• Charlene Marshall

July 12, 2019 at 10:03 am

I agree Lynn! I am certain that research is getting very close in helping us live longer with this disease but the day that a cure (or life-extending therapy) is found, can’t come soon enough! May we all be around to celebrate that day when it happens. Wishing you all the best!
    Charlene.

• michael-panagiotopoulos

July 12, 2019 at 10:03 am

…very interesting development.

What would be the rhodiola rosea or rosavin dosage human equivalent, according to this experiment?

• Charlene Marshall

July 12, 2019 at 10:05 am

Good question Michael, I’m not sure the answer though… I haven’t read all the studies used to compile this flash briefing as that is usually the role of our scientific writers (I think :)). I can to pass on your question to them and see if they noted that in their research, if you want? I’m not sure if they will have a response but perhaps.

Let me know,

Charlene.

• steve-dragoo

July 12, 2019 at 11:58 pm

@mikepapa

Michael,

I frequently do initial research at Dr. Mercola’s website.  There are several articles there and dosage is discussed.  Also use WebMD for the same initial input. Mercola suggests 400 mg per day but that is for fatigue.

I would suggest looking on Amazon and just review the typical Q&A under the product.

Hope that helps you,

Steve

• barbara-haight-wolfer

July 12, 2019 at 10:21 am

Is there any benefit if taking the herbal supplement Rosavin?

• Charlene Marshall

July 12, 2019 at 10:38 am

Hi Barbara,

I haven’t read the literature behind the flash briefing listed above, but if you click the link you’ll be able to listen to a brief summary about it. It sounds like the Rosavin may be  helpful in reducing PF-related scarring and inflammation. Hopefully so – I plan on doing a bit more research around this myself, and if you find anything particularly helpful, please feel free to share with the forums.

Kind regards,
      charlene.

• michael-panagiotopoulos

July 12, 2019 at 10:30 am

…thanks Charlene. After a quick search I found many Rhodiola supplements selling online, with different Rosavin milligram concentrations.

• Charlene Marshall

July 12, 2019 at 10:36 am

Hi Michael,

Okay thanks, I’m glad to hear that. 🙂
      Cheers,
      Charlene.