• Neurontin (Gabapentin)

Posted by Marybeth Palumbo on August 26, 2020 at 4:24 pm

Hello everyone!

I am so happy that I found this Forum!  Thank you Mark for your warm welcome.

I was diagnosed in late December 2019 with early IPF .

I have very little to offer.  All I have are questions.  Mostly, I am in denial!

I do have one piece of information to share.   I got GREAT relief with Gabapentin for my cough.  The Pulmonologist

said that a small percentage of patients get relief with it and I am one of the lucky ones.

MB

Mark Koziol replied 3 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Mark Koziol

August 26, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Hello MB, thank you again for joining and engaging in discussion. I’m happy the gabapentin is working for you. I previously wrote a forum topic on this subject. Being in denial is normal. Please stay as active as possible. You will benefit from exercise. Please keep engaged and ask questions whenever you feel the want or need to. Take care, Mark.

• Mark Koziol

August 26, 2020 at 7:49 pm
  • Marybeth Palumbo

August 27, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Mark,

Thank you so much for the article link.

MB

• Jerry Genesio

August 27, 2020 at 3:52 pm

I didn’t know gabapentin suppressed the cough associated with IPF.  I was diagnosed with IPF about a year ago and have never had a serious cough, dry or otherwise but I’ve been taking 600 mg of gabapentin t.i.d for at least 7 or 8 years and that could explain why. Thanks, Jerry

• Mark Koziol

August 27, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Hello MB, you are most welcome!

• Mark Koziol

August 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Hello Jerry, I am happy the gabapentin has also worked for you. The chronic cough associated with IPF is a horrible symptom that appears you have avoided. Take care, Mark.

• Bob Rawlins

August 27, 2020 at 6:27 pm

MaryBeth Palumbo,

thanks for the info, I too have cough, ugh!

i also have written many blogs about our journey.

cairemedical.com/blog

we talk about different things and coping

Good luck on your journey. It’s a marathon that can be quite rewarding!

#meetthechallenge

• Heather

September 14, 2020 at 8:18 am

Thanks for this information. I am looking into it for my husband. His cough has gotten so bad that he has rib pain. Thank you all for sharing.

• Mark Koziol

September 14, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Hello Heather, I hope this treatment works for your husband. There is nothing worse than a chronic cough. I believe the coughing has a hand in why some of us become fatigued. Take care, Mark.