• Terry Moriarty

March 25, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Last year, the people went after the California poppies that grow wild on the side of some of the freeways. They actually shut down some of the freeways trying to take pictures. I’ve lived in California all my life and don’t remeber anything like that before. We humans have such a herd mentality.

I have a small clump of daffodils that come up every year. Some showed up unexpectedly in my front yard this year, after living here for 5 years. I was like “why have you been hiding for so long?” Your property sounds wonderful.

I live in the suburbs but still have some fairly large plots of open land. Every year, a herd of goats show up to do weed control. Their owners move them from one plot to another on a predetermine schedule. There is a website where you can follow their progression through the city. The kids love it.

• Susan Howitt

March 25, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Thanks Terry

Yes it is lovely, I live in mini mountains, wonderful clean air, when folk aren’t having bonfires!! but these same mini mountains really stop me from getting out on foot, so I have to drive, can’t even go down into my basement, well can go down but can hardly get up again even on oxygen.

The goat patrol sounds wonderful what a splendid idea an absolutely natural weed control, I used to own Anglo Nubian goats when I lived in Wales. In fact I had a mini farm there.

• Zach Adman

March 26, 2020 at 9:22 am

Does anyone know about anyone who has  IPF, getting COVID 19?  I would like to know how they are doing, if there is any special medical care they are receiving and if there is anything someone with IPF can do to make sure they get the best treatment if they do get the virus.  Be safe! Good luck.

• Mark Koziol

March 26, 2020 at 11:24 am

Hello Zach, I have not heard of any pf patients getting COVID-19. I have heard of Post-transplant patients testing positive and even 3 patients whose lungs were damaged severely they needed a lung transplant. This transplants occurred in China. I believe all patients would be treated with the protocols set forth by the CDC. Pf patients would just require more oxygen. I will put forth an effort today to research what you are asking. Take care, mark.

• Charlene Marshall

March 27, 2020 at 9:55 am

Ah bummer, sorry to hear this Terry! All national parks and local playgrounds as well have been closed here. Please do drive to the beach if you can, for those of us who love the ocean more than anything else and can’t be there. Northern California is on my list some day – I want to do some wineries in Napa! Enjoy the time outside when you can and be safe from crowds. The weather is starting to warm up in Canada, but likely nothing compared to there. Enjoy and be well.
    Charlene.

• Charlene Marshall

March 27, 2020 at 10:00 am

Hi Jill,

Nice to hear from you! I’ve been thinking of many of my Australia friends and hope you’re keeping safe. I think (by the sounds of it) Australia is a bit behind in the spread of the pandemic compared to North America and Europe, am I correct? I hope the lockdown helps prevent the spread of the disease! I would imagine Canada is going to implement a Federal Lockdown soon, one of our top doctors recently called for it but we’ll see. Your provincial boarders are closed as well? Wow.

I did end up getting the flu vaccine this year, but it was in the fall so a different time than now I suppose. I can understand your hesitation though, have you asked your pulmonologist about any relationship between the flu vaccine and COVID-19 being made worse? Thanks for sharing the link – I’ll take a peak at it. I’d never even thought of a possible correlation!

Stay well and keep us posted on what you decide and how your cardiology appointment goes.
    Kind regards,
    Charlene.

Page 2 of 2