• Posted by Sita on August 16, 2020 at 10:45 am

Hi all,

I am looking to see if anybody has the following accompanying conditions that my mom has been doing through. I understand that I have to check with her doctor for medical advice but I am only looking to gain insights from you experience.

My mom has never developed a fever in any of her flare ups before but in this week she has had fever twice both in the morning hours. First time was a bit high, 101.8 and then yesterday was 99.5. Tylenol brought down the temperature both times.

She also has developed so phlegm, which has worsened her shortness of breath. Her oxygen level with the supplemental hooked up is fine.

I have a tele appointment tomorrow as I am planning to get a note from him to help me work virtually as she stays with me. But any insights all of you can provide will be appreciated.

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mark Koziol

August 16, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Hello Sita, it is possible your mother has developed some sort of infection. It’s good you are having an appointment tomorrow. Your physician should be able to answer your questions. Hope your mom feels better soon. Take care, Mark.

• Charlene Marshall

August 17, 2020 at 3:38 pm

@anjanaiyer

Hi Sita,

I’m so sorry to hear of your Mom’s fevers! As Mark mentioned, I wonder if she has a developing infection? I am not an MD by any means, so this is not professional advice, but I’m thinking an infection makes sense if it is coupled with worsening SOB and phlegm development. I’m glad the fever is responding to the Tylenol each time though, that is a good sign I believe. Keep trying to reach her doctor for sure! Any update now?

You can also check out a post I made about fevers I was experiencing as well:https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/forums/forums/topic/fevers-lets-talk-about-em/

Hope this helps! PS. I’m not sure if my email reached you successfully, but I was trying to connect about something. Let me know if you want me to resend 🙂

Char.

Fevers & IPF Patients: Let’s Talk About Em’