• Tom Pratt

October 30, 2019 at 8:46 am

I have been on Gabapentin for 3 – 4 months and have noticed that my cough is MUCH better. I never attributed it to the Gabapentin until I started following this forum. It has been around a long time and is inexpensive in the US. I take 600MG twice a day.

• Charlene Marshall

October 30, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for sharing this – I am thrilled to hear that your cough has improved, which could be due to the Gabapentin. It does seem to work for others on this forum, so let’s hope that is your case. I am eager to chat with my physician about it too. I appreciate your sharing your experience.
    Charlene.

• Tom Pratt

October 30, 2019 at 6:44 pm

You’ll have to excuse me while I try to find my way around the forum.  I’m somewhat confused as to where the latest threads are and should I be on some of them.  For instance,  I have not heard of level 4 lasers from 2 different pulmonologists that should know of any treatments.  Can that be discussed here or is that another thread?

• Charlene Marshall

November 1, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Hi Tom,

Not too worry at all, you’re doing great navigating the forums! I know the platform is a bit hard to get used to at first, but hopefully it becomes a little more user friendly with time 🙂 Were you able to get the information you were looking for re: class 4 lasers? Marsha and Dr. Andy Hall are amazing advocates for this and can likely provide you with some good information.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help!
      Sincerely,
      Charlene.

• Marsha

October 31, 2019 at 9:07 am

@tomp

Hi, Tom!  Don’t feel like the Lone Ranger in finding where to post for more info about laser therapy…it’s confusing at first!  Having successfully undergone laser therapy treatments for almost four months in 2019, I am happy to share the link to access laser therapy info on the website of the wonderful doctor who is responsible for spreading the word on this site:  http://summit-chiropractic.com/laser/class_iv_laser.asp

Dr. Hall @drandyhall as well as Charlene Marshall, @charlene.marshall  are the people who helped me along the way.  Hope this is helpful and God bless you!

Marsha

• Andrew Hall DC

October 31, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Marsha,

Thank you for the kind words.  I did reply to Tom and did a search for him.  My reply is awaiting moderation.

Again, I want you to know that I appreciate your sweet words and kindness and helping others along the way.  I want everyone to know that I will help locate laser therapy providers for those that want to undertake laser therapy.  To date we have found providers for over 250 PF patients.  Remarkable how many are doing laser and it’s amazing to see so many respond so well to treatment!

Blessings to you Marsha!

Andy

• Tom Pratt

October 31, 2019 at 2:41 pm

@marshaharris,  Thank you for your reply. I currently have a message in to my pneumologist asking about laser therapy.  Just  wondering, is anyone taking laser 4 treatment in the area of Greensboro or Winston Salem, NC?   I’m know that chiropractic offices in these cities have these lasers, but can’t find any mention of using them for fibrosis. I don’t know if it has reached this far east or not.  I’m sure I’ll have to travel to find a provider and these are the closest cities to me except for Martinsville and Danville VA

• Andrew Hall DC

October 31, 2019 at 6:51 pm

@tomp

Hello Tom Pratt,

Welcome to this wonderful forum.  I have done a search for you and there is one provider right in Greensboro.  There are several others in Winston Salem.  If you email me I can get into some specifics and recommendations.  My email is:  [email protected]

Also know that the vast majority of laser therapy providers have never treated lung conditions, but we are willing to help get them on the right track by providing the current protocol.

I wouldn’t be to hopeful in getting any laser therapy answers from local pulmonologists.  Most of them have never even heard of using laser for PF.  Attitudes of laser vary widely with pulmonologists, some have seen great benefit with it but due to the lack of published studies the majority are simply not familiar with it.  I’ve had to have a very long talk with my pulmonolgist about laser therapy.  He had no clue what it was or what it could do.  But he does say that I should continue doing what I’m doing with it as he has never seen an IPF patient do as well as me in all his years of practice.  I saw him 3 weeks ago and my resting O2 level was 100, best it’s ever been and it’s been 5 years since my IPF diagnosis.

Page 2 of 2