Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LoraLee Bailey
      Participant

I’m having trouble coming up with healthy vegetarian meals that are high protein but don’t include fresh or raw vegetables or cheese/dairy. Any other vegetarians with PF/IPF who have been able work within the dietary guidelines for Ofev?

Marianne
      Participant

Hi Lora Lee –

Have you tried any receipts by Forks Over Knives.  They are vegan so not vegeterian.  I have found some really good recipes on their web site.  I was eating strictly vegan for awhile, felt better and lost some weight.  I got away from it.  I am not found of soy so that limited some of my meals.  I ate alot of beans for protein.  I even carried black beans and kidney beans with me to restaurants to add to salads (this was pre-Covid).  But salads are basically raw vegetables.  Hope this helps you a bit.

Marianne

Rand O’Brien
      Participant

the Moosewood “family” of cookbooks have a wealth of good vegetarian recipes.  Excellent and always work.

Rand O’Brien

Steve Dragoo
      Participant

@loraleern Hi Lora – if you Google high protein vegetarian recipes you will find many free ones. Lentils, quinoa, most beans, and barley can be combined in lots of interesting ways.  I make my own tortilla and with the beans and salsa and sometimes cashew cheese is a good one. Make extra and freeze it…

Steve

Linda
      Participant

My husband has IPF.  I have the same problem. So far he can eat potatoes ,no peelings, string beans(cooked), asparagus, white rice.  No beans, too much fiber!  I look at a lot of dairy free products also.

Linda
        Participant

Steve you can eat spicy things without a problem on Ofer.

Steve Dragoo
          Participant

@linallbert

Hi Linda,

I have always eaten hot peppers with little effect before and after IPF(5 years now) I am not on any IPF meds (Ofev/Esbriet) but take omeprazole because it supposedly helps IPF scar tissue due to any acid reflux breathed in. There is an article about it on the forum someplace.

Try looking at lentils, split peas, for a stew – very healthy with some other veggies in it. Also quinoa.

Stay well…

Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account