Tagged: 

• john styles

March 13, 2020 at 7:26 am

@ildlarry

The treatments run $42.50 average, although when in North Carolina I get them for $25,  just do the research on laser for lungs and google a chiropractor with class 4 laser and tell them you have a terminal disease and give them the information and ask them to treat you, I have not not been turned down by a chiropractor. Better yet message  Dr Andy Hall ( @drandyhall ) from above and ask him to help you, he is a chiropractor and a real nice and caring person.

• john styles

August 12, 2020 at 10:24 am

Here is an interesting article out of Canada, I do not think the laser stops lung disease but clears up the inflammation.  May to help Covid people. https://www.amjcaserep.com/abstract/index/idArt/926779

• Charlene Marshall

August 12, 2020 at 10:51 am

Thanks John for sharing this! I look forward to giving it a read 🙂
    Char.

• Safa

March 22, 2024 at 5:39 pm

Hi Charlene and other great folks of IPF community,

I’m Yasamin from Vancouver, Canada. First of all, I want to Thank you for such a valuable community you gathered. My Mom has IPF and was diagnosed about 7 years ago. She was on Ofev for 4 years and stopped taking it last year due to side effects. She also takes Pirfenidone and Prednisone since the early days of diagnosis. Now I saw this adorable community and red all your discussions. I wonder for now is laser therapy is effective? Do you have any idea where we can find a chiropractor who does this for pulmonary fibrosis in Vancouver? and also how about Wei institute medications, do you think that worked for you? after several years you might have new treatments to share.
      I also want to share my Mom’s experience with a Chinese tablet named Fuzheng Huayu Jiaonang. This one was given to my Mom by her pulmonologist. That was really really good hand helped my Mom’s oxygen level got better.

• Andrew Hall DC

March 26, 2024 at 2:45 pm

Hello Safa,

Sadly, there are many laser therapy providers in Canada that do not want to provide care to IPF patients due to not being in the ‘scope of practice’. The way to get around that is to not treat the patient for IPF but for ‘inflammation’ which IS under the scope of practice. You may want to go back and talk with the local providers about treating your mom for inflammation. I pray it all goes well for you and your mom!

• Safa

March 26, 2024 at 3:46 pm

Hi Andy,
        Thank you so much for your reply. Sounds workable If I try laser as a treatment for inflammation. I hope I can get results. I appreciate your helpful message.

• Sam Gilmore

August 13, 2020 at 2:08 pm

I have not heard of Laser therapy is it new? Where can I get more information about it? Thank you

• Andrew Hall DC

August 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm

@samgilmore

Hello Sam,

No, laser therapy is not new.  It was approved in the US in 2003 but was in use in Europe for 30 years before that.  It is VERY well researched, thousands of scientific studies have been done.  To learn more about it go to my website:  summit-chiropactic.com     You can click on Laser therapy and also for IPF you can click on IPF laser study.

I would be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Andy

• Steve Dragoo

August 13, 2020 at 10:19 pm

@drandyhall

Hi Andy!

I was in touch via email about 18 months ago and they have me on a list when phase 2/3 comes to the USA. Maybe it’s time I find that email and try them again…

Stay well friend…

Steve

• john styles

August 14, 2020 at 8:53 am

Hi Sam, The person with the knowledge is Dr Andy Hall, he is a chiropractor who has lung disease and has used the laser on himself. The laser is not approved treatment and lung doctors for the most part do not support this treatment. From my own personnel expediences I can say it does work. I can not say it stops lung disease but I have seen results enough to know it helps. My guess is it gets rid of the inflation and that is why people when they start laser can see improvement. My personnel experience was after 29 months with this disease I had deteriorated 26% since diagnosis and then  comparing my pft tests after doing laser for 18 months I had a deterioration of fcv of 4% and improvement of 6% for dlco, I can not take the medication available due to I have liver scaring. Now the article above from Canada is truly amazing,

• Andrew Hall DC

August 15, 2020 at 10:43 am

Nice to hear from you Steve.  Hope all is well in your world.  I’m still doing great.  Stay well!

• Janice Ruth Moore

March 28, 2024 at 11:56 am

I do not know anything about this therapy in the UK. Can someone please tell me what is involved? It does sound very interesting and I am prepared to try anything.

• Andrew Hall DC

March 28, 2024 at 4:42 pm

Hello Janice, there are several providers in the UK providing laser therapy for IPF patients. I suggest that you go to my office website, summit-chiropractic.com and click on IPF study. You will learn a lot about laser therapy and how and why it works. Laser therapy is NOT a cure but a viable way to manage the disease. The article on my website discusses the importance of laser wavelengths, power, etc. The current protocol is at the end of the article. What is not discussed is the fact that laser eliminates the interleukin 11 that causes the fibrous tissue to form, and this is why patients using laser therapy get little if any more fibrous tissue build up in the lungs. I have no additional ‘honeycombing’ fibrous tissue since starting laser 10 years ago and my O2 remains stable at 97.

• Randy

April 1, 2024 at 3:10 pm

Hello and hope you had a great Easter. After reading all these articles on laser treatment. My question is, how does laser treatment work with IPF? Where is it applied? What kind of results can you expect? The reason I am wondering is that my time is running out. The hourglass is getting down. At my last appointment, it was discovered I only have a half a lung left. My compactor is running at 10l which is max and my cylinders I have at 6l which runs them out rather quickly. My doc said she will put me on liquid oxygen, which I don’t understand either. After that comes hospice. So, could you or someone give me an answer to my questions. Thank-you, Randall Thornton

• John K. Grubb

April 2, 2024 at 3:44 pm

Does anyone know anyone in Houston that is doing laser therapy?

I am interested in inquiring of a treating doctor or chiropractor who does this.

Page 5 of 5