• john styles

February 7, 2019 at 6:36 am

I have ground glass at the bottom of my lungs, and I was down to 35% fcv. I think the ground glass may have been antagonized by the 3 ct scans I had last year because they did not find the ground glass until  November, I have decided not to do any more ct scans. I f you take into account the Egyptian study it seems the lungs respond to most lung disorders when treated by laser. Just a thought from my chiropractor,  you may not want to use laser if you have cancer, no research but the laser speeds up healing and may speed up the cancer, as for me I do not have cancer at this time but I thought about it and did the math, at the rate my lung fcv was deteriorating I thought I would survive longer by doing laser. I think Andy recommendation on type of laser and   how long to use the laser and wattage is critical, again I had a holistic center want to start me at a low rate, if I had done the low rate I may not have had the response I had.  When I discussed with my general practitioner I was feeling better he told me that is subjective but the increase ability to walk is real and he saw for himself my increased saturation level, he was thinking of  recommending  to another patient she find a chiropractor with a class 4 laser for her pulmonary fibrosis.   I am paying $40 a visit, the chiropractor I see offered me a discount if I paid for 8 sessions in advance, his office policy, other wise I would be paying $45 a visit. Soon I will be on maintenance at one visit a week with a cost of $40-45.  Andy results seem to suggest the laser stops the progression of the disease. We all have to be realistic and stopping progression of the disease is huge but as far as healing I do not think it will help. We live in a capitalistic,  society, nothing wrong with that as I did well in the real estate business and now I am retired. If we wait for research into the laser to happen it will be after we are dead and gone. Thankfully Andy is trying and on his own with no funding. If the laser was a drug at a cost of $8,000 a year per person you can bet that the drug company’s would be all over it. Few options are available but I like the laser option.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 7, 2019 at 10:33 am

Morning John!

I would like to make a couple of comments.  As far as the laser for cancer, could not disagree more.  Minimal research in the US, but hundreds of studies in Europe. I personally met years ago some of the researchers and the results are outstanding.  I was credentialing two osteopaths in Nevada, showing them how to apply laser for musculoskeletal problems, near the end they said “great doc, but the truth is we are going to use it primarily for cancer”.  So I programmed the laser for treating cancer for them. It works!

One of the important photochemical processes that happens with laser is stimulation of ATP production. ATP is what the cells derive their energy from, but it’s also what damaged cells use to heal themselves.  So, I really believe that for that reason some healing can take place in the lungs.

I’ve been thinking that what I would like to do is instead of just answering questions from everyone, is write about ALL the things that the laser does that is beneficial to lung conditions.  Some is a little technical, but there are a lot of very smart people on this forum, and it will help with everyones understanding….. Would like to do it today, but I have to go to work early to catch up.  Had to cancel my day at the office on Tuesday due to the snow storm, and I am going to have a crazy day today trying to see Tuesdays patients and today’s patients and get caught up.  I’ve never had a ‘snow day’ in all my years of practice.  Wish me luck, I’m going to be unindated today!!!

Blessings everyone,

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 7, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for being so thorough and generous with your responses to everyone’s questions about the laser therapy. We know you’re busy and appreciate it very much! Please don’t feel pressure to spend time online after a long work day, I want to ensure you’re not wearing yourself out as I know many of us are eager to get answers and ask your advice on this site. It’s okay to take some time and recoup after the day. I’ve have to do that the last few days, and apologize I haven’t been online as much engaging or responding to folks who are writing. I hope to be more present after tomorrow, as we’re merging databases at work right now and it is unbelievably busy, especially the mental tasks and trying to remember, problem-solve through the changes. Sadly, this is a side effect of IPF that I hate: the invisible memory/cognitive struggles. Do you get this occasionally?

Thinking about your idea of writing out all the benefits of laser therapy – if this would be easier for you to put in a word document and email it to me, I can convert it to PDF and post it for the forum to see all together as opposed to individual responses? Let me know if I can help with this as I know that might streamline some responses for you. Great idea, if you have time of course 🙂

I hope the weather has calmed down a bit there for you? Take care and hang on one more day, then it is the weekend. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

Thanks for everything you do for us!
        Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 8, 2019 at 11:52 am

Good morning Charlene,

Yes, didn’t get home after work until nearly 9pm last night. I also have a veterinary side of my practice that I do after I get done with my human patients.  Had two dogs to work with last night. A Cocker Spaniel that was paralysed for 4 months before referral to me. We got her bowel and bladder control back after the 2nd adjustment/laser treatment, and now she is up and running, chasing wild turkeys and stuff!  The other dog last night was a very large Doberman that was referred by UC Davis for laser after a partial knee replacement.  We worked with this dog 9 months ago, same thing, partial knee replacement.  Good success with the laser but the crazy dog blew out it’s other knee, so same proceedures and he is responding well again. I love working with all the animals!

Anyway, I’ve spent the last 2 1/2 hours responding to emails from doctors and patients, locating providers, etc. I’m all caught up!  I’m trying to pace myself, but I found that I can’t let myself get too far behind either, it just creates more stress.

In answer to your question, yes, I have found that my spelling has gone south…. never had a problem with it before….  I thought I was just getting old and maybe this happens, but I think you may be right about the association with IPF.  Not sure how that works, but…….

I’m going to start the essay on laser for lung issues this weekend.  It will probably take quite some time to complete, but I feel it will be helpful for everyone. And I appeciate the sending it to you on my Word program and you can deal with it and place it on the forum where you think it may be appropriate.

I’ve been wondering how you are you doing. Have you recovered from the head cold? How are you feeling?

I’m kinda mad at the weather guy.  He is precicting another 15 inches of snow here this weekend. Not supposed to start until late today, but I’m really not looking forward to more of the white stuff!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for getting back to me – sounds like your day was quite hectic. Hopefully you were able to get some rest last night and recoup a bit today. The practice with animals sounds amazing, I am a huge animal lover and so glad you’re finding success with laser treatments to help these dogs. I don’t know what I’d do if something ever happened to my dog, so I am grateful for the time, energy and knowledge you contribute to helping heal them with laser therapy.

I completely understand the concern about not letting yourself get too far behind on replying to people emailing you. When that happens with the forums, it can take days for me to catch up, although I do consider it a privilege to be able to do so. Do pace yourself though, I want to ensure you don’t burn out and folks typically know you will get back to them as soon as you can. You always do and for that, we’re so grateful!

Unfortunately yes, I think those cognitive effects of IPF are very real as much as I don’t want to admit they are. For me, it is mostly memory issues and having process-related stuff. I tend to need things repeated a lot more often than I’d like to admit. I wonder if it is the chronic under-oxygenation?

I will happy disseminate the information on the laser that you’re writing up. It means a lot to all of us, and I’ll make sure it gets onto the forums in the most helpful way possible, and read the maximum amount of people who want to see it. Please ensure your information is on it, so people can give credit AND thanks where due!

I am thankfully nearly on the mend from my head cold, yes. Thank you so much for asking – very kind of you. I have a bit of lingering congestion, but otherwise I am on the mend. My sinuses tend to be a bit sensitive still but Ill definitely take that over how crummy I was feeling. Can’t believe how long it is taking me to bounce back from this though.

Stay safe in the upcoming weather storm. Everything here is ice at the moment, and looks like it’ll be covered in snow over the weekend so I am glad that I’m not planning on doing too much.

Thanks as always for writing, and I hope you have a nice weekend. I’m sure we’ll catch eachother äround”on the forums this weekend 🙂

Take care,
        Charlene.

• Terry Moriarty

February 7, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Thanks, Dr. Hall (Andy),

I was just thinking about your comment about the differences between HP and IPF that may impact the success of laser therapy.  I’ve read articles about a significant portion of people being diagnosed with IPF who really had HP.  My pulmonologist says he’s only had one, but has sent several over to UCSF for reevaluation. I know that the drug treatment is different too. So I can see why you want to keep your study focused on IPF.

But, I’m still going to give it a try. Won’t be able to do additional CT scans, after the one I’m having next week, or PFTs because I just had the annual ones done. But I can do my own 6 minute walk and track my blood oxygen levels to see if there are any improvements.

Fingers crossed.

• Charlene Marshall

February 7, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Keeping you in my thoughts Terry and hoping laser goes well for you!

It’s nice to see you online a bit more, we’d missed you and I often wonder how you’re doing. Please keep us posted if you can 🙂

Charlene.

• Lynn Schmitt

February 11, 2019 at 10:25 am

Hi Terry,
        I have HP also, so please share your results when you get your treatments, please. Do you have scarring?

Thanks, Lynn

• Terry Moriarty

February 11, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Lynn, I was diagnosed in 2007 and went on oxygen in 2012. Yes, I have scarring and was told I should have a transplant within 12-18 months at that time. Didn’t qualify because I’m quite obese. Guess that doctor was wrong cause I’m still here. PFT stats have always been low (45% range for FVC, 25% range for DLCO), but stable.  But in Aug, 2018 they dropped to 35% and 19%. Scared the heck out of me. I had already been dieting and lost about 80 of the 100+ lbs. I gain when on prednisone. In Oct, I started a medically supervised diet and have lost another 40 lbs. Have another 120 lbs. to go.

I’ve already seen my oxygen needs go down. I’m hoping that the laser treatment and continued weight loss will lower my oxygen needs more. I don’t expect to get off oxygen. I’d just rather be around 3lpm than 6lpm.

Start the laser treatments in about 2 weeks. Will let you know how that goes.

• Charlene Marshall

February 11, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Goodluck with the laser treatments in a couple of weeks Terry. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
        Take care,
        Charlene.

• Steve Dragoo

February 8, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Hi Andy – I definitely get the spelling thing. Thankfully Grammarly (Chrome add on) helps a lot.  Sad because I write a lot and have to spend more and more time correcting simple spelling mIsTaKeS… StEVe

• Lynn Schmitt

February 11, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Hi, Terry!
        Thank you for replying. I have a consult tomorrow, so we will compare notes when you begin. I was diagnosed in 2013, but I did not start on O2 until 2017.
        I will keep you updated.
        Have a great week!

Lynn

• john styles

February 7, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Hi Andy

Good to here you have herd of good results for cancer, my chiropractor did not now for sure, maybe he was just being cautious. I am  still doing good, just got back from my walk, still doing a mile and half with no oxygen. Thanks for all your input and guidance, without you I would have not started with laser.  I feel for you with snow, here in Florida we are 80 degrees today.

• Charlene Marshall

February 7, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Embrace that weather John, I am so jealous!
      Here in Canada, we are on day two of solid freezing rain. Everything is at least half an inch covered in ice. Although it is pretty, it is nearly impossible to walk anywhere and it took my colleagues over 30 minutes to de-ice their cars this morning. It’s unbelievable since it was +8 degrees celcius on Monday, but -35 last week (one of the coldest days on record for the Province I live in). Enjoy the walking, that must feel so nice to be in the sunshine and warmth 🙂

• Lynn Schmitt

February 7, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Hello, all:

I visited my doctor at U of K today. I had breathing test, chest x-ray and blood work. Everything is stable. No improvement, but no deteriorating either!

Dr.Hall, when you get the time, would you please see if there are any chiropractors in this area (Lexington, KY). I am not going back to my PT because I think you are right. He is not following protocol. I am going to call and tell them I can’t afford to keep going. Please contact me if you find anyone That you would recommend.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that I am staying stable.

John, do you think maybe you received such good results because you had interstitial pneumonia, as opposed to pneumonitis? Just a thought.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. It is so nice to be able to correspond with people who know what you are talking about!

Regards, Lynn

• Charlene Marshall

February 7, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for reporting back on how your appointment at U of K went today! I am so thrilled for you to read that your reports showed no progression. I know you were worried about this, so I do hope it brought you some relief to see that things are stable. I am happy for you!

I hope you can find someone recommended for laser if you think you want to pursue it, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you for being part of the forums too Lynn. I agree, it is so nice to have a platform to connect with such wonderful people, and with those who truly “get it”. Take care and chat with you soon!

Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 8, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Hi Lynn!

I’m so pleased that your walk test showed no decline. Wonderful news!  How have you done in the past with it? Similar in that there was no decline?  Or is this the first with no decline?

I have found another laser provider for you in Lexington.  I would suggest you contact Today Chiropractic at 859-278-8000.  He has a Klaser.  Was the Phyiscal Therapist’s name you have been seeing Steve?

Blessings to you Lynn!

Andy

• Lynn Schmitt

February 8, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Hello, Charlene,
        I want to thank you for being so prompt with your replies. I am going to try the chiropractor that Dr. Hall recommends, and hopefully, after a few weeks, I will see some results. We all must keep in touch and rely on each other to find any new solutions or treatments that might work. There were no clinical trials at this time. It is quite sobering to think that you have probably 5 years left to live, at best. Here’s hoping and praying for good results for everyone on our forum!
        Have a nice weekend,

Lynn

• Lynn Schmitt

February 8, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Thank you for your recommendation – I will call first thing Monday. I expressed myself wrongly when I said I did not feel better. I feel good, normal except for tiring easily. I guess I expected to feel this surge of energy, or something similar. You warned me about expecting fast results, but I still hoped I could feel some difference.
        Thank you for all of your help to me and all who are reaching out to you. Time will tell, so I am going to hope for the best! I will let you know.

Lynn

• Charlene Marshall

February 9, 2019 at 9:41 am

Hi Lynn,

Thanks so much for being part of our community, and sharing in discussions about these alternative therapies! I am honoured to be moderating this forum, and love being able to reply to everyone in a prompt manner – I also learn so much from everyone 🙂

Glad you’re looking into the other recommendation from Dr. Hall and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you do indeed see/feel some improvements within a few weeks. Keeping you in my thoughts and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Charlene.

• john styles

February 8, 2019 at 7:40 am

Hi Lynn, I think my results were due to the laser but staying with Andy’s recommendation of class 4 laser and  my chiropractor is using a class 4 light force laser and is doing 9 watts  and doing a total session of 20 minutes, with 5 minutes on each lung on front and 5 minutes on back. Andy stressed the importance of the class 4 and Andy also noted the Egyptian study may not have used a class 4.  I have done 4 weeks of treatment and next week will be week 5.  I did 2 treatments the first week and 3 treatments week 2 and 3 and 2 treatments week 4  and the next few weeks will stay with 2 treatments and then one treatment a week. I still get out of breath on a hill or bending over or walking fast. I have been walking for 30 years and when I got this disease usual intestinal pneumonia a form of polminaary fibrosis I was walking 2.75 miles in Oct 2017, then the end of 2018 I was down to 1 mile with oxygen on a setting of 5. I get a boost from being outside in the fresh air. I can walk indoors and may need oxygen for an extended walk. I feel better and breath better. I think the expert on the laser is Andy and my chiropractor is not at Andy’s recommendation of 10 watts but I am doing more sessions in the beginning. I would say carefully make sure you stay with Andy’s protocol for laser.

• john styles

February 8, 2019 at 9:31 am

Hi Steve I do not experience anything different. I have noticed like the disease being real slow the progress is slow. What I did notice were increased saturation at times, again Andy is the expert. I may have customized his suggestions to the 20 minute session. I think the goal is no progression of the disease, what else we get is a bonus. I have pulse oxygen meters for my finger and I am always watching my saturation’s because I do not want to damage my heart.  What I was seeing prior to treatment was readings of 89 to 91 sitting, now I am seeing readings of 91 to 93 and sometimes up to 96.  No progression of this disease is the real goal.

• Lynn Schmitt

February 8, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Thank you, John for your imput. I can sit without oxygen, and walk slowly around my house, but need O2 for any exertion. I am going to call the chiropractor Dr. Hall (Andy) recommended and find out if he has treated this before. I can’t afford the pt anymore. I am hoping for some good results! Best of luck to you!

Lynn

• Andrew Hall DC

February 8, 2019 at 12:56 pm

Ron,

I can’t find the post you did about your pulomonolgist in Dallas.  She is amazing!  We had a very long discussion on the phone. I agree with you, I would consider her to be one of the top in her field.  We talked about many of the photochemical processes that take place with laser and her willingness to ‘think outside the box’.  She has no place to abide  with the ‘medical model’ and is totally open to laser or anything else that will help her patients.  I have never been so impressed with a pulmonologist.  Sure wish we had more like her.  In fact I wish she was close enough to be MY doctor.  I would switch in a heartbeat!!!  You are very blessed to have her as your pulmonolgist, in fact I’m jealous…….

We need more doctors with her education and willingness to help patients any way possible. It was an absolute pleasure speaking with her!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 8, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Hi Andy,

I know your reply was to Ron, and so sorry for intercepting – I just wanted to see if I could find Ron’s post as a “moderation required”, and approve it to see if I could make it visible for you. I don’t see anything outstanding, so I hope his post wasn’t lost! Sounds like Ron is in good hands, which I am very happy to hear 🙂

Take care all.
      Charlene.

• Megan Zetter

February 11, 2019 at 11:01 am

I have not read through this entire thread, so if this has already been posted I apologize. A quick way to search for a practitioner who uses K-Laser (one of a handful of class IV lasers) is to go HERE. And when you speak to the doctor and should they not know anything about IPF and laser I would direct them to Dr. Hall’s work.

As I said before, I used laser in my office for quite some time and had some phenomenal results, not IPF related. I need to state that I no longer have my laser, due to not being able to work as much while my father was ill, sadly I had to sell it as I still owed on it. That said, it is an extremely powerful and versatile treatment for hundreds of conditions and I would LOVE to see you all find someone who would be willing to treat you and to make it affordable. It sickens me to know there are doctors out there gouging patients!! If you are in the Portland area, where I am at, I know many doctors here offering laser and I would be more than happy to connect you with them, and or talk to the doctor as well.

I am so thrilled to see this thread and what Dr. Hall has been doing with his work.

• Charlene Marshall

February 11, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Hi Megan,

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us, as always it is lovely to hear from you! It is also so nice to hear that you also had success in treating patients with laser therapy, albeit not IPF-related. I sure hope folks find this helpful if they investigate it and determine it is something they’d like to learn more about. Wouldn’t it be so great for everyone to have the experience John did with his laser treatments? I sure hope people do!

Thanks also for posting the hyperlink that people can just click on to locate a physician using laser therapy in their area. This will be a big help!

Take care,
      Charlene.

• Lynn Schmitt

February 11, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Dear Dr. Hall,
    I have a consult with Today Chiropractic tomorrow. I need to find out the treatment fee and the protocol of treatment. Thank you for the referral.
    My PT is named Steve – how did you know?
    I will respond with the results, if I have a treatment this week!

• Andrew Hall DC

February 11, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Hi Lynn,

So glad you are making a change.  I will be interested to know what the charges will be with the Chiropractor.

When I did a search for you, I saw the PT with the name ‘Steve’.  I don’t know why he wouldn’t follow protocol.  None of this felt right to me.  I have concluded though, that PT’s seem to want to charge more for the very same service that Chiropractors do.  I have spoken on the phone with countless DC’s over the last 3 weeks, and I find that most are excited to begin work with an IPF patient even though they have never treated it before.  They are a compassionate bunch. They all have seen first hand what laser has done for all of the musculoskeletal conditions they have treated, and they all feel that it should work well with lung issues as well. I appreciate their enthusiasm!  I will be anxious to hear how it goes for you!

Andy

• Lynn Schmitt

February 12, 2019 at 11:56 am

Hello Dr. Hall,

As usual, I am in a quandary…I went to Today Chitopractic this morning. They praised the K Lazer. HOWEVER, the person I first consulted with insisted that they only use 5 watts on soft tissue. He said it went deeper and spread out. I went ahead and had one treatment, but it did not feel warming at all. I hope it warmed down deep in the lung tissue. I only paid for one visit @ $50. I could get 5 treatments for $225-$45 per treatment, or 10 treatments for $400-40 per treatment. I made an appointment for tomorrow, but I wanted to see what you recommended. I kept insisting that you said 10 watts, ut they insisted that is their protocol. WHAT DO I DO?
    Sorry for being so troublesome,

Lynn

• Andrew Hall DC

February 12, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Hi Lynn,

Man, I just can’t believe your lousy luck…….. I’ll tell what I would like to do. Please give me your email address and I will forward the essay I recently wrote on laser for lung conitions.  On that, I will also include the treatment protocol for laser treatment.  If the doctor has a problem with it after that, I would like to discuss it on the phone with him.  The good news is that the fees seem much more in line, esp with the package of 10.

I just got home for lunch, the phone lines are back up and I have internet again!  The snow storms here have created lots of power outages, can’t wait for spring!!!!!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 12, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Hi Andy,

I am happy to see your post on the forums – I wondered how you were making out with the recent storm! Glad to hear you’re safe, and that your phone and internet is back in working order. Our streets are a mess again here too, filled with ice and snow. It was another snow day here, everything shut down ahead of the freezing rain. Hang in there – spring will be here soon!

Charlene.

• Lynn Schmitt

February 12, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Dr. Hall, today Chiropractic has an e-mail address. [email protected]. Perhaps you can e-mail him your essay and reference me.
    Thanks,
    Lynn

• Charlene Marshall

February 12, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Hi @drandyhall,

Just wanting to make sure you see @lynn-schmitt‘s latest post, with both her email and the email of the service provider. I know you’re busy, so I wouldn’t recommend you want to start connecting with others’ service providers as you could quickly become inundated with requests given the number of people on the forums. Just a suggestion, but I know you can likely speak for yourself too so I don’t want to over step. Lynn, they also may not speak to Dr. Hall without documented consent – just my healthcare brain kicking in here. It may be best for you to connect with them, and refer them to Dr. Hall if they have further questions. If you’re a paying patient, which you are, they should be bending over backwards to help you 🙁 I’m sorry to hear this hasn’t been your experience!

Hang in there.
      Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 13, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Hi,  I am at the office, it’s past 7:30pm, wrapping up.  My wife just text to say lines are all down again, no internet or phone at home.  Supposed to be fixed again sometime tomorrow,  so I hope everyone will be patient with me……  So sorry………  Ugggh…..can’t wait for spring!!!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 13, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for getting in touch with us, and please take your time in replying, I know you’re busy! Stay safe amidst the power outages. Spring will be here soon!

Regards,
        Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 14, 2019 at 9:59 am

Hi Charlene,

The good news is I have power back on. The bad news is I will not have internet service for a week according to AT&T.  There are lines down everywhere and the winds are gusting to 50mph.  Spooky watching the pines all swaying so hard looking down the canyon from my house on the ridge.

My son, with the computer business has fixed me up with a ‘hotspot’, so I can now use my computer, but I am now over 3 days behind.  I have over 30 emails to reply to and 5 doctor consults to do.  I feel very overwhelmed right now. I have the morning to do some catching up but need to work this afternoon and won’t get home til 9 tonight.  The weather is supposed to finally subside Saturday night, but we are expecting an additional 2 feet of snow in the meantime.

So, I feel awful about not getting back to everyone yet, but it will happen. Just going to take some time.

I know you too are feeling overwhelmed right now, and know that I’m keeping good thoughts for you! Thanks for all your dedication and hard work!!!

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 14, 2019 at 7:32 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for getting back in touch with us. I am thrilled to hear the power has returned  – what a tough couple of days for you, and so sorry to hear of what-sounds-like such a mess of a storm! Do you have lots of back up generators for the important things like heat, refrigeration, etc? I hope so! PLEASE take your time in replying to the forums. I know you are so dedicated and passionate about helping us on this site but prioritize your own needs first, and we can wait. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed with emails, etc. so it isn’t worth the stress to put pressure on yourself to reply to everything timely. Take your time and take care of you.

I am still working hard on a resolution to the forum issues we’ve been having. Keep your fingers crossed it gets easier to navigate soon so all of our wonderful members don’t find it so difficult to move around this site. It sure can be tough!

Hang in there and I’m thinking of you!

Warmest regards,
        Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 14, 2019 at 10:07 am

Hi Lynn,

I hope the essay and treatment protocol was helpful for your doctor.  As I suggested, he could contact Dr Phil Harrington, the medical director at K laser for reinforcing why we use 10 watts. Dr Harrington has reached out to me and he and his technical staff are working on a more perfect protocol for treating IPF.  I will let everyone know when that is completed, but in the meantime we are using the current protocol.  The K laser people are very excited about laser for lung issues, they are hearing from so many people that have responded, and also many dogs with IPF also.

Andy

• Charlene Marshall

February 14, 2019 at 7:33 pm

We’re so thankful you also put us in touch with @drphilklaserusa, @drandyhall. Much appreciated and welcome Phil! 🙂

Cheers,
        Charlene.

• Lynn Schmitt

February 12, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Dr. Hall, in case my message gets cut, my e-mail is [email protected].
    The chiropractor at Today is Dr. Leo Boisvert. He did not treat me, just spoke. The young man with whom I consulted was named Lee or something similar. He claimed that when they programmed the laser and put in type of tissue (lung) it was set to 5 watts
    Thank you for your help,

Lynn

• Andrew Hall DC

February 12, 2019 at 9:41 pm

Lynn, I will attempt to call them tomorrow. Will have cell service but no internet until the crews arrive, (I hope tomorrow) to fix all the downed lines everywhere.

Andy

• leontis teryazos

February 15, 2019 at 4:08 pm

John,

My wife is just starting laser treatments for IPF and have been getting good guidance from Dr. Hall. Wondering what exactly are the 35% and 55% lung function test results you had as that is a terrific improvement and there a number of different things measured in lung function tests (FVC,FEV1 and FEV1 ratio).

• Charlene Marshall

February 15, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Hi @let666,

Thanks so much for writing to John, and sorry to intercept your message. I just wanted to let you know that I am tagging @caneelbay1 (John Styles) in this reply to ensure he sees your note and can hopefully reply. The forum replies to this topic specifically are lengthy so it would be easy to get lost 🙂

Take care,
      Charlene.

• john styles

February 16, 2019 at 7:27 am

The FVC reported on my spirometry test reported in percentage I am hoping it does not deteriorate any more. , Still doing better after  the laser treatments, I have completed 5 weeks of treatments and will be starting my 6 week.

• ajd

February 17, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Thanks so much John! Please keep us informed with progress as I hope others using cold laser therapy will also do. This is a very interesting thread and could be the most important one to date.

For those looking for the Egyptian study Low-level laser therapy in chronic obstructive lung disease study referred to it can be found here:

http://www.ejbronchology.eg.net/text.asp?2018/12/3/317/239379

Best wishes to all,
    Tony

• Charlene Marshall

February 17, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Hi Tony,

Yes, isn’t the information that has been discussed on this forum thread fascinating? I can’t believe not only the amount of people who find laser therapy helpful for them in their own personal experiences, but also the endorsements about the work Dr. Hall is doing. I am so glad John brought it up for all of us, and that Dr. Hall has joined the conversation. The forums are very lucky to have them both! Thanks for joining this topic thread and for posting the link to the study, making it readily available to those wanting to read it. I really appreciate it 🙂

Cheers,
      Charlene.

• Andrew Hall DC

February 5, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Lynn, you have spent $270???  How many times did you go?  That seems VERY excessive to me. Now realize I am VERY reasonable for my laser treatments.  I charge $90 for a series of 3 treatments.  I can’t believe you have spent that much.  I wonder if you were charged excessively for a consult or whatever. Please let me know what the fees are that you are paying.  If it is out of line I want to find another doctor for you!

Andy

• Steve Dragoo

February 8, 2019 at 9:18 am

Hey John –  I start laser treatment Monday!

Andy mentioned 5 minutes front – split L/R lungs same for backside – so a total of 10 minutes.  Are you experiencing anything that affects you regards 20 minutes sessions? – Steve

• Steve Dragoo

February 8, 2019 at 11:16 am

Hey John – Our oximeter readings are similar.  What has helped mine is serrapeptase and Amla (Indian gooseberry). Amla slows the heart rate 7 – 10% BPM and has increased my O2 about 3 points where it rarely goes below 93.  I was starting to notice more chest palpitations and slowed down Amla because I am taking a lot of different supplements and eventually they will slow the heart and increase saturation too.

Serrapeptase may thin the blood viscosity and generally that’s a good thing, unlike aspirin which will thin the blood but may also cause additional bleeding before a wound stops bleeding. – Steve

• Lynn Schmitt

February 12, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Good evening, Dr. Hall,
    Thanks for replying so quickly. I know it is midday where you are. I always wanted to live in CA., but with all the flooding, forest fires, and now snow storms, I think I will stay here in the Bluegrass. Although if it doesn’t stop raining, we will have to buy a boat!
    I apologize for being so needy, but I am having rotten luck. I never met the main man, Dr. Boisvert, although he spoke in the hallway. I was treated by a guy named Brian, but my consult was with another young man, whose name I can’t remember at the moment – maybe Lee. Although it is a 10 watt laser, he insisted that when they programmed the type of tissue (lung), it automatically set at 5.
    My e-mail address is [email protected]. I do not have hope that they will listen to me. I hope this is not God’s way of telling me to quit trying. I am really discouraged and getting “broker” by the day!
    I am looking forward to reading your information. Thank you so much.
    Lynn

• Lynn Schmitt

February 13, 2019 at 9:24 am

Dr. Hall,
    Please don’t go out of your way to call them. If you will just e-mail me your essay, I will discuss it with them.
    Thanks, Lynn

Page 3 of 3

The discussion ‘laser therapy’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now