• Randy

January 17, 2023 at 3:02 pm

Hello again Jeff. The Inogen I have now is a replacement for my original. That one went nuts and quit working even after I put new columns in. The bells an whistlers work just fine. No figures and the little lights work everytime I breath. I tried the Inogen as I drive or ride and then the tank when I get out of my truck but th Inogen just didn’t work out. Got a heavy chest again. I was at the bank when it happened, so switched to the tank, waited a couple of minutes and was then able to go and do my business. So, looks like the tanks and I are back together.

People are talking about e and d tanks. Which is bigger? I was looking over mine and couldn’t find anything saying e or d. It says something about 24 cu. ft. all I know is at 5 it only last about 2 hours and you cannot plug it in.

Well, have a great week and weekend. Yak at you and everyone later. Randy

• Natalie Mondor

January 17, 2023 at 7:50 pm

Are any of you on a home fill system? I think that Inogen makes one but it’s not the same as what folks are mentioning here, or is it? It seems like having one of these systems would eliminate the oxygen provider. Thanks
    Natalie

• Jeffrey Carver

January 18, 2023 at 1:43 am

Yes, I am on a home-fill system provided by the company that supplies my big concentrator. It works quite well. I have a small tank, good for about an hour at pulse-5, and a larger tank that lasts a good bit longer. Either one can go in a regular backpack, with some bubble wrap jammed around it to hold it steady. It doesn’t entirely replace the Inogen (which, for example, I needed use when I flew on a trip; and which I often take if I’m going to be out and about for a while, and able to recharge in the car). But it’s great for most of my jaunts. The system is by Invacare, and my insurance covers the rental.

• Bill Kelly

January 19, 2023 at 5:28 pm

Liquid oxygen. Very simple. I’ve been using it for 7 years.
    This subject has been beaten to death on these boards. Please carefully check anything you are told about POCs, the salesmen are not reliable. That is being kind to them.

• Natalie Mondor

January 19, 2023 at 10:21 pm

Thanks again for this tip. So you’ve been using the Helios for seven years! Then why is it not advertised more? Do we need better search terms?
      So happy to have some hope to leave the house for fun !

Natalie

• Jane McBride

January 20, 2023 at 11:02 pm

Ihave been using the Inogen portables for several years. I started at 3. I am now using the Inogen that goes up to 6. I was unaware of the discrepa0ncies mention in these replies because the Inogens seem to work for me. I have car chargers in all of our cars and take an extra battery with me now for occasions like this afternoon when my granddaughter invited me to the movies and the movie ran a long 3 hours. The Inogen does not to the advertised 8 hours at the 5 level that I require. I switched batteries in the theatre and was able to enjoy the show. I also take the regular charger with me to gatherings and friends and family understand I need a seat near an electrical outlet.
    The Inogen runs on pulse so I am fine doing quiet things, cards, coffee etc. I am much more comfortable on the continuous flow provided by my in house condenser Walking is slow on the pulse driven portable but easier when I sling the tank onto the seat and just push the walker around the museum etc.
    There is no portable that goes beyond 6 so I will eventually get to the wheeled bottle tanks which are heavy and awkward. I intend to find out more about liquid oxygen mentioned by one of the respondents to your query.

Go gently until you know what makes you comfortable but don’t let this IPF deter you from adapting and enjoying life.

Page 2 of 2