• Lifting COVID-19 Restrictions: How Do You Feel?

Posted by Charlene Marshall on July 29, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Please excuse the brevity of this post, I am quite tired physically but also stunned at the conspiracy theories out there regarding COVID-19. I think my mind and emotions are just as tired as my body tonight.

I understand there is a lot of fear, emotion and confusion associated with this virus and what the coming months will look like, especially for those who have school-aged children. Many, including myself, fear that the return-t0-school in September will force a second wave of this virus and I deeply dread being put back into strict isolation again. I also understand that life for everyone has to somehow propel forward, and we need to learn to live with this virus. However, that means being smart and considerate of others!

I recently wrote a column on how I feel about lifting COVID-19 restrictions .  It is a delicate balance of wanting to resume some normalcy (for everyone) while also acknowledging that the virus isn’t gone away, and if we resume things too quickly, we could easily be subjected to a second wave. Some parts of the world are already experiencing this!

How do you feel about the COVID-19 restrictions easing? 

As a patient living with IPF/PF: will your daily routine change much if restrictions are lifted, or will things remain the same for you?

Charlene Marshall replied 3 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • MaryLou Ward

July 30, 2020 at 3:07 pm

Hi, I have read so many of your articles and so glad your out there. Bless you. I’m not secure with lifting restrictions. But I understand why.   I will wear a mask with others until my last breath.  This disease has changed where I go and when.  I enjoy being at hometo do the manny things I have always wanted to do.   Keep up the good work.

• Charlene Marshall

July 30, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Hi MaryLou,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my articles, and for sharing your thoughts on the mask controversy. Like you, I will continue to wearing a mask and only being out when/where necessary. Thankfully I also enjoy being at home – which I consider a gift, with everything going on. Glad you do too! Take good care and thanks for connecting 🙂
    Kindly,
    Char.

• Carol Carmack

July 30, 2020 at 10:01 pm

After the last few days when we learned a group if physicians met and divulged that there is a cure for the virus and that all our social media owners deleted it because they don’t want us to know about it was probably not known to you when you posed the question.. I am not near as worried about it anymore because I know there’s a cure. It’s a shame that our own American  business men would do that and are cruel enough to hide the fact.

• john styles

July 31, 2020 at 8:28 am

I met with my pulmonologist yesterday, he usually optimistic but I think he was worn out. He said he is currently treating 40 covid patients, he said he was tired of hearing code blue. Discouraged yes but still working. He said it is not the older people as much as the younger ones. He also said if we wear a mask and stay 6 feet away then we are pretty safe, the problem is when we are around family or friends, mask off and closer.  I feel the restrictions are good, there is always some inconsiderate naive  people who do not understand until they get sick that do not wear the mask. I have noticed more people wearing masks and have noticed we stooped increasing in number of infected people in my area.  Hoping we get a vaccine.

• Mark Koziol

July 31, 2020 at 9:16 am

Hello John, I am right there with you. I hope for a vaccine sooner rather than later. We need to get back to our regular routines. Thank you for sharing. Take care, Mark.

• Ken Vetters

July 31, 2020 at 1:26 pm

My recommendation is simply to LISTEN TO THE FACTS. There is no cure for the virus at this time. Following the directions of the science is simply the responsible course of action. Do I like wearing a mask? No. Do I like using supplemental O2? No, but it may help keep me alive for a while longer. When the scientists say it is time to lift the guidelines, I will be one of the first to visit the grocery store. Do what you have to do to stay safe and strive to keep others as safe as you can. BE SAFE and WEAR A MASK.
    Ken in San Antonio.

• Charlene Marshall

July 31, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Hi Carol,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hadn’t heard anything about this, and sorry to hear of the suspicion of political involvement in preventing a cure for the virus. I’m not sure the information shared on the cure was from a credible source, and if it was, that makes me sad.

Char.

• Charlene Marshall

July 31, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I couldn’t agree more. It is important that everyone delineate credible sources of information vs. all the details/claims out there. I don’t like a mask either, but I realize it is important not only for me but others as well. Thank you for writing 🙂
    Charlene.