Dear PF forum members, I wanted to create a space for folks who believe their IPF might be related to an occupational factor. I have seen people mention exposure to chemicals in other discussions around the forum. I think expanding on this conversation in one thread may be valuable for someone newly diagnosed to know what their options are, or what to expect if they are in that situation.
If you have been exposed to something at work that you think might have led to your IPF, please share your story below.
- What was it you were exposed to?
- Was your exposure a single incident or a chronic exposure?
- How long after exposure were you diagnosed with IPF?
- What was your profession?
- Have you received any benefits such as worker’s compensation or VA benefits to help you get treatment for your IPF (only discuss if you can legally share that information)
Log in to reply.