This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Charlene Marshall 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
     Charlene Marshall 
    Keymaster

Hello forum members!

Recently I’ve been doing a lot of reading with respect to pulmonary rehabilitation programs. I am part of a program that is working for me, and has proven to be very beneficial in the management of my disease. Although some exercises are difficult, and in the moment I may not enjoy them, overall I think the program is making a difference in my quality of life.

The reason I have been researching other pulmonary rehabilitation programs is purely out of interest. I thought it would be beneficial to connect with other patients who are actually partaking in these programs and could share how they feel about them, based on their experience versus reading about them online. I did find this statement interesting, which comes from the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine (2005): “this comprehensive intervention (pulmonary rehabilitation) has been clearly demonstrated to reduce dyspnea, increase exercise performance, and improve health-related quality of life (HRQL)”. 

• As a patient: do you agree with this statement based on your experience of pulmonary rehabilitation?
    • Which are the most difficult exercises for you in your rehabilitation program? Which are the easiest?
    • Do you find an exercise particularly beneficial to decreasing episodes of shortness of breath (dyspnea)?
    • Would you recommend a pulmonary rehabilitation program to others?

I’d love to hear from you! If you wanted to read the full article I referenced above, you can find it here: https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1164/rccm.200508-1211ST

Charlene.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account